View Full Version : Utility or hack in WM5 that enables one to dial from a calendar entry

popcorn
03-31-2006, 12:18 AM
I have a number of weekly conference calls that I need to dial into. Most of these I receive via appointments in Outlook, and the number that needs to be dialed is listed in the appointment's "Location" field. The phone number is typically accompanied by a passcode to enter the call.

All that being said, I was really hoping that WM5 for PocketPC would enable the automatic parsing of phone numbers in the location field within a calendar appointment -- much like how it works on WM Smartphones. (Number is highlighted/linked and you simply "click" to dial the number)

I've searched around a fair amount on a number of different forums and Google, and came up with very little discussion on this topic. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to making it easier to dial a number from a calendar appointment (location field)? I do currently use the copy/paste method (from calendar into Phone app), but this is quite cumbersome, and I was really hoping for a more intelligent way of doing it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mark

Gator5000e
04-08-2006, 07:18 PM
I miss that option as well after my move from a smartphone to my 8125. Have yiu posted this question on Howard Forums?

popcorn
04-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Actually I hadn't, until you suggested it. I did just post this over there to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks for the idea.

Mark

maikii
04-15-2006, 11:33 PM
Yes, I just got a PPC Phone (T-Mobile MDA, a version of HTC Wizard), after using a Windows Smartphone (Audiovox SMT5600) as my mobile phone previously.

I'm surprised that WM5 PPC OS does not have this capability, present in WM2003 Smartphone. In most aspects the PPC OS is better than the SP OS.

I wonder why they left this feature out of WM5 PPC Phone Edition?

Yes, if one could add it back with a registry hack, that would be nice.

popcorn
04-16-2006, 02:20 AM
Well, no way around this from what I've discovered so far. I did get a reply back from someone at Microsoft who indicated that this was on the 'to-do' list for the next version of Windows Mobile.

Like others, I don't understand why such a basic phone feature was omitted from WM5.

Mark