View Full Version : Praise & Rant...

code-frog
03-30-2006, 09:49 AM
So I'm going to rant and it may not be a significant rant but it's a good rant and honestly we don't see enough of them these days for whatever reason. So here goes... I feel strongly about this and I think it's very important. It's about quality and service and Pocket PC Thoughts.

First let me say I purchased a $10 application from Pocket PC Thoughts software section. That's it, just $10 bucks and I found what I wanted. Some developer out there built a product and sold it very fairly for $10. They could ask $20 and it would still be a deal.

This application (after downloading) would not register correctly on my system. I contacted support using their website and did not receive a response. I figured this was due to spam filters and I was just to busy to put more time into it than that. The vendor by the way is SK Tools. So I was stuck with a product I paid for in demo-mode and a huge project deadline kicking my shorts. The project deadline won.

Tonight I just happened to pop back in and explain that my key wasn't working to regular members in my post. I kind of had a feeling that what wound up happening just might happen if I took the time to share my experience in the forums and that's partly why I did. Here's what happened... Someone here (surely PPCT staff) happened to notice my predicament and they alerted someone at SK Tools to my problem. (Now this is the quality and service of PPCT at work in a way you don't really expect.)

So a member of SK Tools contacted me and after several minutes of email back and forth I've got a functioning product that is now meeting my needs. Now keep in mind we are only talking $10. To that SK Tools representative $10 really doesn't justify that level of support. But they (along with someone here from PPCT) saw that there was a bit more on the line than just $10.

It's called reputation. Reputation is everything though and these days many retailers would like you to not believe that. In fact they do everything they can to keep that idea as far from your mind as possible. They have sales where they cut prices to the bone. They have 1000 widgets and you can buy 10 of them and get a rebate so big it's free. Try to get service though and well... You might wait in line a long time and not really get any service at all.

My point here is that someone at PPCT alerted SK Tools to my experience and someone at SK Tools acted very fast to get me quality (in their product) service (in their actions) which equals satisfaction to me as a customer.

As a small business owner and operator there is a lesson here. Happy customers come back. Impressed customers talk just as much as angry customers but impressed customers can generate sales.

Anyway, a long story short is summed up in this way. Quality and service have nothing to do with price. Nor do they have anything to do with rules and regulations and rebates. Quality and service come from rare people who work for rare companies and do great things to make sure their customers come back next time.

That's what it's all about folks. Thanks to someone at PPCT taking the time to let someone at SK Tools know about my situation I am now extremely satisfied with SK Tools and Pocket PC Thoughts and all it took was a little initiative from a few people to pull of something unusual this day and age.

Great Job!!! You won a customer and you've got me talking about my positive experience here.

Thanks,

Rex Winn

Jason Dunn
03-30-2006, 06:37 PM
While I can't take credit for what happened in this case, it's great to hear that someone in our community helped out and made your day. The community here rocks! :way to go:

Patrick Y.
04-02-2006, 03:17 AM
The community here rocks! :way to go:

Better not make other PPC site owner jealous... :lol: :wink: