View Full Version : Not givin up on my Jornadas

GrumpyGrizzly
03-29-2006, 11:34 PM
I have 2ea 548's and 2ea 568's and they're all working great. If there's anyone that wants to sell off thier non-working Jornada's, I'm sure I could use the parts at some time in the future. I'd love to find some batteries for the 568 for long plane rides. A few newer screens would be nice as well.

I use my 568 and carry it with me all the time. I've got the Jornada camera, the CF GPS card, the CF Ethernet card, the CF Wi-Fi card, the CF 56k modem card, a 1gb memory card as well as several other memory cards. I use the CF cards in my other digital cameras as well. I've also got a couple of targus keyboards as well as another 56k modem and SanDisk wi-fi card with 128mb of memory.

Couple of things I'm looking for are that back that has the extended battery and I "think" it has a simm card slot.. Also, I'd love to find the CF FM Radio card for one.

If you want to part with what's left of your Jornadas, please feel free to drop me a note at paul jordan @ gci . net just take out all the spaces in that address. Fair and reasonable prices are welcome, please include USPS shipping costs to 99515.. Yes, that is Alaska.. hehe..

I'm not a dealer or re-seller or anything, I just use the Jornada's and I want to keep them going as long as possible.

Thanks
GG

Paul Martin
03-30-2006, 12:33 AM
At some point, I hope to be upgrading to a newer device from my Jornada 568. I've got those batteries if I ever do. Just curious, do you use them for your family or just one at a time and the others as backup?

Kind of funny as I have the CF modem, ethernet card, wifi card, camera, etc. too. (2 GB CF card :mrgreen:) I had the pocket keyboard, but the spring broke on the lid.

airconvent
04-19-2006, 05:49 PM
yup...I loved that device! I have since upgraded to an Ipaq 2750 (which is the closest you will ever get to a Jornada with flip cover) but I still keep the old Jor' charged up every few days and synced as well...heh heh

For batteries, I'm not sure if they deliver overseas but here it is :

http://worcell.com/index.php?cPath=57&sort=8a&page=2

BTW, SGD64 is around US$40. The guy tells me its so expensive because of low volume. His price fluctuates but I managed to buy BOTH the normal and extended batteries for my 2750 at US$30 and US$40 respectively!

GrumpyGrizzly
06-09-2006, 10:14 PM
At some point, I hope to be upgrading to a newer device from my Jornada 568. I've got those batteries if I ever do. Just curious, do you use them for your family or just one at a time and the others as backup?

Kind of funny as I have the CF modem, ethernet card, wifi card, camera, etc. too. (2 GB CF card :mrgreen:) I had the pocket keyboard, but the spring broke on the lid.

My wife actually uses a 548 as does my youngest son. She uses her to play card games mainly and my son uses his for contact information.

I finally got the CF radio and it wouldn't work on the 568 I was using but, it works on my backup one which is a mirror of the primary one. So I switched, no biggie..

I'd love to pick up a 2gb card for mine. Nice my digital cameras all use CF cards as well so they won't be going to waste.

DO let me know if you upgrade and want to part with one of those back.

Have you tried Pocket DVD Wiz yet? I bought that baby, got a copy of The Notebook on my CF card and it's only takin up less thatn 128mb. With that kinda compression, I can put at least 7, maybe 8 movies on a CF card.. It's a good use for those 250mb cf cards that are getting pretty cheap.. I also carry a pair of noise cancelling headphone when I go flying to wherever.. Man, THEY rock!!

I can't even think about upgrading to something else. This one does everything I need it to do.. Well, it will once I figure out why I can't get to the internet thru my companies wi-fi.

Oh well, they're cheap AND fun, what can you say??

Paul Martin
06-10-2006, 12:19 AM
I'd love to pick up a 2gb card for mine.

I got mine on a nice sale last year. It sure is handy taking files back and forth to work.

DO let me know if you upgrade and want to part with one of those back.

Are you looking for something in particular?

Have you tried Pocket DVD Wiz yet? I bought that baby, got a copy of The Notebook on my CF card and it's only takin up less thatn 128mb.

Havent' tried it yet. I was beta testing one of those DVD converters but I haven't seen anything from them in a while. It's amazing how small you can make those movies!

Well, looks like the "good deal" was so good, someone else already snapped it up. Oh well, gives me more time to think and decide. Time is in my favor. :)