View Full Version : HELP! Cant install programs

peck02
03-28-2006, 01:47 AM
I just purchased the Cingular 8125. Everytime I try to install a program through Activesync(v4.1), it gives me the message INVALID WINDOWS CE SETUP FILES: Application Manager cannot install this application on your mobile device due to an invalid setup file. Reinstall and try again. Anyone know what may cause this and how to fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest979
03-28-2006, 03:58 AM
I just purchased the Cingular 8125. Everytime I try to install a program through Activesync(v4.1), it gives me the message INVALID WINDOWS CE SETUP FILES: Application Manager cannot install this application on your mobile device due to an invalid setup file. Reinstall and try again. Anyone know what may cause this and how to fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What's the exact procedure you're following? Many PocketPC programs are distributed as Windows XP executables, which you just double-click, and then they process things themselves and finally launch ActiveSync for installation (or for displaying a "will be installed on next sync" message if you're not connected).

peck02
03-28-2006, 08:09 AM
that is what im doing. it goes through tha installation process, but then stops and displays that error message.

peck02
03-28-2006, 08:49 PM
i figuered out that it is something with my computer. i tried it on another computer and it worked fine. anyone know what could be wrong please help.

Patrick Y.
03-29-2006, 02:48 AM
You might have to reformat and reinstall Windows...