View Full Version : Atom Phone Functionality

xsnrgact
03-26-2006, 08:42 AM
I posted this on a couple of other forums with no luck, hopefully this may trigger somthing here.
"Am I going mad or missing something. It appears that the phone functionality of the Atom is not as good as the mini. With the mini I could use the phone keypad to type a name to find the contact, select it and then open contact details in the phone book. I could press the centre button to open up the contact details and then select which number I wanted to dial. Once I dialled a number I could go back to the contact card and choose another number.

The mini also allowed you to go to the speed dial by pressing the left button or right button for call history.

These features have disappeared on the Atom. If am correct then this is a backward step. I thought the WM5 is supposed to be an improvement.

Am I the only one missing these features or am I missing something in the set up.
Is there a work around this or an application I can purchase? Any help would be appreciated."

Darius Wey
03-27-2006, 01:08 AM
Windows Mobile 5.0 now uses soft-keys, so your left soft-key should read Contacts. If you tap that, you can type the name of a contact in the search bar, and it will automatically filter through your list, allowing you to select the contact and open up his/her details. This will present a list of numbers - tapping on one will call that number.

With regard to the speed dial and call history, both those buttons are present on the phone keypad.

Granted - the design of the Phone keypad in Windows Mobile 5.0 is a little different, but the functionality is essentially the same - if not, improved, thanks to a more powerful Outlook Mobile (Contacts).

xsnrgact
03-27-2006, 01:15 AM
Thanks Darius but I want more of a phone experience like I had on the XDA mini ie use my thumb for dialing. More of a single handed operation. The need to use both hands for the phone is a real backward step. The Atoms attraction is that it is small, even smaller then some phones but it does not work like a phone. It biased to a PDA.
Thanks again for your reply.