View Full Version : "Official" statement from Dell-"patch for WM5 upgrade will never be released"

Patrick Y.
03-26-2006, 12:18 AM
Chat with Hardware support goes something like this:

Dell- there would be no update released for this issue.
Me- NO update?
Dell- I am afraid but yes.
Me- So you're telling me that Dell has TOTALLY abandoned support for the $500 device and leave the customer with LOADS of problems?
Dell- as I have mentioned, the only solution is to get back to the Pocket PC 2003 SE and use the same.
Dell- I understand your concern and you have my apologies but I am unable to provide you the update that you are looking for, since it will not be released.
Dell- I understand that the promises made to you are not fulfilled and you can duly express them by getting in touch with the Customer Care department.

ctmagnus
03-26-2006, 04:50 AM
I notice you've changed your avatar. ;)

pocketpcadmirer
03-26-2006, 10:00 AM

:lol: :lol: May be thats why he is recommending Acers to all people !!

Sunny

ADBrown
03-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Never accept as accurate anything that a Dell tech support person has to say. They're all completely and totally clueless, and most of them are barely able to converse in english to boot. The Indians OR the Americans.

Patrick Y.
03-26-2006, 09:50 PM

May be thats why he is recommending Acers to all people !!

Sunny

yeah, I'm just beginning to lean away from Dell now. I never have such trouble with my Acer n10 and it's actually a whole lot faster than my x50v with just a 300mhz processor. The new n300 seems a lot more stable than x51v also.

Never accept as accurate anything that a Dell tech support person has to say. They're all completely and totally clueless, and most of them are barely able to converse in english to boot. The Indians OR the Americans.

To MarcFou and ADBrown, I understand that and I'm sorry I made the title so misleading. I was just posting about what I was told. Also, PPCT needs some excitement... :wink:

MarcFou
03-26-2006, 11:51 PM
To MarcFou and ADBrown, I understand that and I'm sorry I made the title so misleading. I was just posting about what I was told. Also, PPCT needs some excitement... :wink:No worries. But yeah, this place does need some excitement. A little controversy couldnt hurt either... :devilboy:

emuelle1
03-27-2006, 12:44 PM
I was trying to get my wife to let me buy a WM2005 Pocket PC with some of our tax refund, but with a lot of what I'm hearing about the platform, I think I'll just stick with my x30 and put the money in the bank.

pocketpcadmirer
03-27-2006, 01:13 PM
I was trying to get my wife to let me buy a WM2005 Pocket PC with some of our tax refund, but with a lot of what I'm hearing about the platform, I think I'll just stick with my x30 and put the money in the bank.

Thats exactly what I did. I upgraded from O2 mini to O2 S and not to any WM5 device

Sunny

PetiteFlower
03-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Note that the X50 is NOT a current device. The current X51 IS being supported and several patches have been released.

I never expected a patch for my X50. But I've been watching Dell for a while so I know how they operate. I'm still a Dell supporter and will continue to buy from them. The reason they had to adopt this stance was because of dishonest people in the past trying to steal a free OS upgrade from released patches. I don't blame them for not wanting to be stolen from.

pocketpcadmirer
03-27-2006, 08:10 PM
I never expected a patch for my X50. But I've been watching Dell for a while so I know how they operate. I'm still a Dell supporter and will continue to buy from them. The reason they had to adopt this stance was because of dishonest people in the past trying to steal a free OS upgrade from released patches. I don't blame them for not wanting to be stolen from.

Yes, you are very right, IMO. Some of my college friends told me that they saw WM5 upgrade torrent for X50Vs on the various torrent sites 8O
Very sad part though

Sunny

Constant Caffeine
03-27-2006, 09:57 PM
When I bought my 4155, HP told me they were going to offer the SE version soon, they never did.

Patrick Y.
03-28-2006, 01:05 AM
The reason they had to adopt this stance was because of dishonest people in the past trying to steal a free OS upgrade from released patches. I don't blame them for not wanting to be stolen from.

I don't really think this is the reason. Most people can easily upload the pirated version to the web without manufacturers releasing it on their website. I know both upgrade for x50v and 4700 have already surfaced on illegal sites as soon as they come out.