View Full Version : hx4700 & Bluetooth Mouse

tnelson2000
03-24-2006, 12:31 AM
I just upgraded an hx4705 to WM5. I thought that WM5 bluetooth stack supported the HID Service? If so, doesn't this service enable the use of any bluetooth mouse/keyboard? I don't see the service being available. Did HP pull the service so we would have to buy thier addon bluetooth keyboard? And what about adding a generic bluetooth mouse? Does anyone use a bluetooth mouse with a WM5 device?

Thanks for your comments and help.

jem
03-24-2006, 05:42 AM
Not to go off-topic, but how was the upgrade? How does the 4705 handle persistant storage?

tnelson2000
03-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Not to go off-topic, but how was the upgrade? How does the 4705 handle persistant storage?

I know most posts say the new memory mgmt is not worth the upgrade, but my humble opinion is a bit different. I have lots of programs installed (including Skype-the-pig). Freeing up my Main Memory to only load/run programs is a great improvement. I always had to manually stop/unload programs in WM2003.

I understand people's concerns about the apparent sluggishness. But this seems to happen only when a large block of code is being read into memory. After a program is loaded it appears to run great. Of course I have done any real benchmarking here; only my unscientific opinion.

For me WM5 is a big thumbs up.

Way off topic. . . . HP delivered this upgrade at the very beginning of Spring. Per their scheduled delivery date was 'sometime in Spring,' they are actually early! But because of the way they handled marketing-communications they generated a whole bunch of bad-will. Their Dev Staff must be thinking about what a great job they did while customers are mad as hell. Sounds like the making of a great Harvard Business Case Study to me.