View Full Version : Bluetooth on Cingular 8125

rookcnu
03-21-2006, 10:39 PM
I am trying to use an older bluetooth headset (Motorola HS810) with my new Cingular 8125. I can't seem to get it to work, but it could be because I have never used bluetooth before. It could also be because this headset just won't work with my Cingular 8125.

Does anyone know if these models get along?

If so, could someone give me detailed instructions on how to make the connection between the two? Please make sure they are dummy directions - I have never used bluetooth before.

Thanks!

schmenge
03-22-2006, 03:23 AM
I do not have that headset, but I never used BT before I got my 8125 either. Your headset should have some way of being put in a mode that will allow "pairing" with the PPC. Check your manual for this. Once you do that go to Start|Settings|Connections|Bluetooth. Check the box for "make this device discoverable. Tap on the "devices" tab and then follow the instructions. Good luck!

Sven Johannsen
03-22-2006, 04:10 AM
You don't need to make the PPC discoverable. Putting the headset in 'pairing' or 'discoverable' mode will allow the PPC to find it when you go into the BT manager and look for a new device. The PPC will do the discovering, it doesn't need to be discoverable. You would put the PPC in discoverable mode only when you want some other device, like a PC, or another PPC to be able to find it.

Most BT devices like headsets are put into discoverable mode by holding down a button for a lengthy period of time, from the off condition. Usually that is the 'multi-function' button. The one you would press to answer the phone from the headset, or hang up, etc. Generally a light will do something out of the ordinary. Might flash red and blue, might flash just blue rapidly. My Motorola headphones glow blue when in pairing mode.

The other thing you will need to know is the PIN # for the headset. probabaly a 99% chance it is 0000, but check the book. During pairing you may be asked to enter it on the PPC.

rookcnu
03-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Thanks to all of your help, I was able to make it work. What a nice feature!