View Full Version : POP3 Access To Gmail- Very Strange Problem

emuelle1
03-21-2006, 01:12 PM
I've been playing with downloading my email directly to my Pocket PC. I was able to set up Flexmail 2006 for both Gmail and Comcast. Actually, Flexmail (and previously WebIS Mail 2.x) came with default settings for both. I can download from gmail over my ActiveSync connection at home, but not through my router. I can connect to gmail and download over my in-laws' wireless router. I'm trying to figure out why I can't get through my router but I can through A/C and my in-laws' router.

I have an Axim x30 high with 802.11b. My router is a b. My in-laws have a g router. I don't see how that could make a difference though. I thought it might, but when I'm working through Active Sync, I'm using my laptop's wireless for internet passthrough.

Cybrid
03-22-2006, 03:53 AM
I've been playing with downloading my email directly to my Pocket PC. I was able to set up Flexmail 2006 for both Gmail and Comcast. Actually, Flexmail (and previously WebIS Mail 2.x) came with default settings for both. I can download from gmail over my ActiveSync connection at home, but not through my router. I can connect to gmail and download over my in-laws' wireless router. I'm trying to figure out why I can't get through my router but I can through A/C and my in-laws' router.

I have an Axim x30 high with 802.11b. My router is a b. My in-laws have a g router. I don't see how that could make a difference though. I thought it might, but when I'm working through Active Sync, I'm using my laptop's wireless for internet passthrough.A quick "flow chart" would show....your router is the trouble maker.

Since it works normally elsewhere, PPC settings are correct.
Your brothers router/ your PPC works...his router works.

Can you access the internet through your router?

advantagex
03-22-2006, 10:00 PM
I am having a similar problem, but it is over the gprs tmobile network using the mda snd using gmail for email.

I am having trouble sending emails from my mda via outlook. I keep getting a message that says "Messages cannot be downloaded to your Mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your e-mail account settings are correct. Then, try to download messages again."

I can download messages fine but that warning only appears when I am trying to send messages. Any ideas

Cybrid
03-23-2006, 02:11 AM
I am having a similar problem, but it is over the gprs tmobile network using the mda snd using gmail for email.

I am having trouble sending emails from my mda via outlook. I keep getting a message that says "Messages cannot be downloaded to your Mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your e-mail account settings are correct. Then, try to download messages again."

I can download messages fine but that warning only appears when I am trying to send messages. Any ideasCheck with your phone carrier, many block outgoing emails that use servers other than their own. Spam protection

Vincent M Ferrari
03-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Advantagex:

I cannot connect to gmail or google at all with T-Mobile for some odd reason...

No idea why... It just started happening about two months ago... It seems to be a DNS issue of some kind with T-Mobile, so you may not want to bang your head against the wall too much trying to figure it out...

advantagex
03-23-2006, 06:17 AM
so is there anything that i can do regarding gmail via MDA?

Nurhisham Hussein
03-23-2006, 08:21 AM
so is there anything that i can do regarding gmail via MDA?

The typical solution is to change your outgoing server your carrier's smtp server - just keep the replyto as your gmail account.

Vincent M Ferrari
03-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Advantagex:

Try going to www.gmail.com in Pocket IE and see if it lets you in. If it doesn't, than you can change all the settings in the world and it ain't gonna help you...

I have a feeling you're having the same problem I'm having.