View Full Version : Unable to retrieve mobile device info

tetra
03-21-2006, 01:26 AM
I have an iPaq 5550 and my battery ran out the other day. When I reecharged the battery, all the data was gone. I synced the unit - the outlook data transfered (contacts, notes, inbox) but I can load any programs - I get a error stating: "unable to retreive mobile device information. Please reconnect and try again."

No luck - any suggestions?

I downloaded and installed activesync 4.1, still no luck.

dlcartin
03-25-2006, 04:46 PM
After docking your iPaq, unplug and re-insert the USB cable. If this doesn't work, try a different USB socket (sometimes USB can be rather picky about which socket it likes and dislikes). If neither of these work, try rebooting your comp and once more go thru this process.

webcyla
11-25-2006, 04:02 PM
I realize this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone ever found a solution. I was issued a PPC as a company phone a couple of months ago and I have this problem.

I'm using Activesync 4.2 on Windows XP Pro with SP2. I have full administrator priviliges on my PC. I can connect, sync, browse/explore files, and manually transfer the CAB files and install from within the PPC, but when I try to install programs on my PPC from my PC it says "Unable to retrieve the mobile device information. Please reconnect and try again."

I have tried different USB ports, uninstalling/reinstalling Activesync, and all the other suggestions I have seen but the problem still persists. Does anyone know what causes this? Thanks

dlcartin
11-28-2006, 06:35 AM
I occasionally have this pblm when I 'let' my battery die. But, this procedure always works for me. I run Win XP (Home) SP2 on a modified (upgraded) W2785 eMachine.