View Full Version : Odyssey Client for WM 5.0 help!

gabond
03-20-2006, 12:48 PM
hi all,

am new to ppc, juz switched over from pda. have Just gottena new h/p ipaq rx1950 but my workplace needs odyssey client! problem is, its only for wm 2003 and before, while mine is wm 5.0. tried all versions but no luck

have been searching everywhere but no luck. any help or advice?

believe it comes with Dell Axim and h/p 2400 series but not mine

rookcnu
03-21-2006, 10:24 PM
I am in the same boat. Just tried to load the Odyssey Client on my Cingular 8125 yesterday. It loads fine and I set it up with all of the same details that I did on my old ppc, but I get nothing. There is a "read me" file that comes with the client that talks about 2003 and 2003SE. No mention of support for WM5.

I have asked out IT office to look into this with Funk. Right now I am dead on my work network or anywhere else for that matter if I try to use Odyssey. Can use the built in client off site, but not at work.

Will post more information if I get any. Please do the same in return.

gabond
03-22-2006, 07:29 AM
hey thanks for the reply.i was beginning to think i reached a dead end. yeah i'll keep looking too. in the meantime, here's the official response i got from HP :(

Thank you for contacting HP Email support. I am Steve Karl and I will be assisting you regarding the concerned problem.

I believe you want to know about the funk odyssey client software for Wi-Fi (WLAN) connection for your iPAQ.

Here in this regard I would like to inform you that the Operating System installed in your iPAQ is Windows mobile 2005. This does not meet the minimum system requirement for using the software so you can not use the same.

However I also like to inform you that HP does not recommend its user to use any third party software with its unit as it has not tested the same and hence can not guarantee its optimum performance.

If you need any further assistance with the same please feel free to get back to me, I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Take care and have a blessed day.

BlueTuna
04-11-2006, 10:54 PM
I am in the same boat. Just tried to load the Odyssey Client on my Cingular 8125 yesterday. It loads fine and I set it up with all of the same details that I did on my old ppc, but I get nothing. There is a "read me" file that comes with the client that talks about 2003 and 2003SE. No mention of support for WM5.

I have asked out IT office to look into this with Funk. Right now I am dead on my work network or anywhere else for that matter if I try to use Odyssey. Can use the built in client off site, but not at work.

Will post more information if I get any. Please do the same in return.

Same here in regards to Cingular 8125 not connecting to our coporate network. Wi-fi works perfectly at home and other hotspots. But corporate wireless network has LEAP security, which I understand is not enabling me to access the Intranet. I am able to use the public/visitor network at work but I am very interested in accessing the INTRANET which has a lot of useful information for employees.

Does anyone have a solution for this??