View Full Version : Window Media Player 10 Questions

tharmon
03-19-2006, 07:00 PM
I hope this is the right place to post this question!

I have a new Dell Axim X51v. I used to have an HP but it was stolen. I have lots of movie clips on my PC, both avi files and files that are intended to be played on RealPlayer (apple). Media Player 10 mobile is on my Axim.

MPlayer 10 appears to make it easy to syncronize a particular movie to my Axim... But I can't figure it out.

In the right window, I can find my movie, and begin "syncing" it and it says its been completed and synced to my devise. But I can't find it on my Axim!!! Very frustrating. What am I doing wrong? Where can I find some really detailed instructions!! The Microft web site is horrible in helping me find answers to these types of questions. thanks.. Tom

Patrick Y.
03-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Do you have a storage card? Where did you tell the desktop player to sync the files?

pocketpcadmirer
03-19-2006, 10:26 PM
files that are intended to be played on RealPlayer

To play them, try real player (http://www.real.com/realmobile/download.html?rppr=rnwk)

MPlayer 10 appears to make it easy to syncronize a particular movie to my Axim

Yes, desktop version is blind :lol: . The file is there on your pocket pc. It just cant be played because WMP10 for pocket pc does not support that particular format. It only supports wmv,wma,mp3 formats.

Sunny

Patrick Y.
03-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Yes, desktop version is blind :lol: . The file is there on your pocket pc. It just cant be played because WMP10 for pocket pc does not support that particular format. It only supports wmv,wma,mp3 formats.

Sunny

I believe that WMP performs conversion neccessary during syncing. Also, even desktop WMP won't play or recognize Realplayer format. Not sure though... BTW, the poster said that he couldn't even find the file.

tharmon
03-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Do you have a storage card? Where did you tell the desktop player to sync the files?

Yes, I have a storage card.

As far as tellilng the desktop player where to sync the files to, I didn't know I could do that. Where in the desktop player can I do that?

Patrick Y.
03-19-2006, 10:58 PM
I assume you're using WMP. Connect your device to the computer first before opening WMP. Anyway, go to the "sync" tab in WMP and on the right side you should be able to explore the files in the portable device and tell the player where to place them.

tharmon
03-20-2006, 03:49 AM
I assume you're using WMP. Connect your device to the computer first before opening WMP. Anyway, go to the "sync" tab in WMP and on the right side you should be able to explore the files in the portable device and tell the player where to place them.

Patrick: I don't understand your instruction to "explore the files in the portable device and tell the player where to place them." On the right, I see a long list of movies. But I don't see anything that lets me explore the files in my "portable device"... nor do I see anything that lets me "tell the player where to place them." Can you give me more direction?

Also I don’t know if this part of my problem. But when I go to ActiveSync and look at my catagories to be synced, I see following WMP the following: “Setup must be completed”... indicating to me that I have to follow that procedure before I can syncronize my movies. But when I click on “Setup Must be completed” ... I’m let to the next message which is “You must set up a partnership with your card... In WMP, click the Sync Tab, select the storage card and click Set up Sync”... I click “yes” and go to WPM. I click my card and then click “Set up Sync”... I am then told to select a Sync method... but am only given one choice: Automatic... which I don’t want. I want manual... but I’m not given that choice!

What now??

Thanks.. Tom