View Full Version : HELP...Ipaq 4150 Ram corrupted??

loopsider
03-16-2006, 02:13 AM
I have an Ipaq H4150 that has been working perfectly for the past few months.
-However-
A few days ago I downloaded blenderCE (http://blenderce.blogspirit.com/) a port of a GPL-licensed open source 3d modelling software that utilizes OpenGL. Being that this software was highly unstable, I recognized that I cannot hold the programmer responsible for any unstability. However, this problem is much more that even a hard reset cannot fix. I have searched around forums for hours and have not seen this same problem.

After this program crashed my pocketpc and would not revive with a soft reset, I performed a hard reset. I noticed that the PPC was rather sluggish in general. (now the real problem)

Nothing else was wrong, it functioned as normal, browsed the internet just as good as ever, etc. Then I decide to power it off. 5 minutes later, it will not turn back on. Attempted to soft reset. Nothing. Then I hard reset and then it comes back to normal (of course, with everything deleted). Then I try using a backup from activesync, and many of the programs will not open. Then I try reupdating the ROM to see if that is the problem. Nothing. Same problems are still present. I tried to see if the backup battery was ruined by removing the battery and then placing it back, and data from the RAM is still intact. If I wait a few minutes though, the PPC is dead and only a hard reset will bring it back.

This is a really bad problem and don't have any way to pinpoint its cause.