View Full Version : Pimp My Wizard!

Jon Westfall
03-17-2006, 04:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=43705' target='_blank'>http://forum.xda-developers.com/vie...pic.php?t=43705</a><br /><br /></div>Yesterday I posted a little blurb about Smartskey, the program available at XDA-Developers that allows you to extend the functionality of your soft keys on the HTC Wizard (e.g. i-Mate K-JAM, QTek 9100, MDA Vario, etc..). Another great resource I found over at XDA-Developers is an extremely detailed thread on setting up your Wizard for optimal performance, including all the registry tweaks that can make the OS work better for you, and a good backup plan that allows you to revert back to any point in the process should problems arise and you don't wish to bite the hard-reset bullet. An interesting read for all Wizard owners.

paschott
03-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Now if I could just get it to work with vibrate notifications when I receive new e-mails and the device is on standby..... Looks like this is pretty widespread, though apparently not to MS users and the actual people who develop and customize the Wizards.

Still, it works pretty well for what I'm trying to do.

Thanks for the link.

-Pete

victore
03-17-2006, 07:40 PM
It's very helpful because the poster put most of the cool registry hacks into one place.

DarkHelmet
03-17-2006, 07:58 PM
It's off topic for sure, but...

How about someone (are you listening Dell?) take a turn at pimping my Dell Axim x50v to really run with the WM5 upgrade I bought?

A few registry hacks gathered together and grooving in a pict (obscure Pink Floyd reference) for a recent product is really great...

Now if the Dell folks would just fix the stuff they sold us!

bcvc38
03-21-2006, 04:54 AM
Gee, I would just be happy if I could get my MDA to connect to my PC or laptop via ActiveSync! :roll:

The pat 8 days, I have spent over 6 hours on the phone with HTC support and they say it is an epidemic problem. No answer... except blame MS ActiveSync and MS WM5. No patch in the works. :cry: