View Full Version : Verizon Term Fee - Foiled!!!

squeeze
03-11-2006, 07:34 AM
I've been hoping around between VZW and Cingular between January and February when all the goodies came out. I finally elected to port my permanent number from VZW to Cingular. I was ready to pay the hefty fine... The fine came and went and never came back...this is my confusing process (wasn't intentional).

1) I went to Cingular and said - port my VZW number to that 2125.
2) I drove down the street to my VZW store and said - "I just ported my number out from VZW to Cingular - but I still want the i730 with DATA ONLY no voice access" - They reactivated a NEW number. They said that since I'm reactivating, that they'll wave the cancellation fee. And they did. Read on to step 3 to see what happened next.
3) I called them 3 days later and said I wanted to cancel. They said "since you are within your 30 (or was it 15?) days, we will wave any cancellation fees".

So essentailly, #2 above "reset" the contract clock for me...I think.

I've reviewed my bills and credit cards and they did hit me 2x for term fees but credit them both....bizarre...I think there was just a process or system issue that they couldn't trace the terms that many layers deep.

Anyway.