View Full Version : help me please !!!!!!!!!!!

superdutyfan
03-11-2006, 07:04 AM
I can not decide between the dell axim 51v or the HP ipaq hx2790 pocket PC. which is a better product are the screen resolutions better I am very very new to this technology and would apreciate any and all help everyone can give me.

also i will primarilly using it for the excel spreadsheet to transfer for loptop to pockect pc, and gps navigation bluetooth option, has anyone used the garmin gs 10 gps reciever ? if so how does it stack up.

asume that money is no object for any and all assceries for these two pocket pc's.

Thank you in advance for your help

Cybrid
03-11-2006, 07:21 AM
I can not decide between the dell axim 51v or the HP ipaq hx2790 pocket PC. which is a better product are the screen resolutions better I am very very new to this technology and would apreciate any and all help everyone can give me.

also i will primarilly using it for the excel spreadsheet to transfer for loptop to pockect pc, and gps navigation bluetooth option, has anyone used the garmin gs 10 gps reciever ? if so how does it stack up.

asume that money is no object for any and all assceries for these two pocket pc's.

Thank you in advance for your helpDell X51v is VGA, 256Mb ROM, Intel2700g. 1100mAh battery.
Hx2790 is QuarterVGA, 192Mb ROM, NO Intel2700g, 1440mAh battery.
Price?

I'd say the Dell is waaay better unless battery life is the biggest concern.

superdutyfan
03-11-2006, 07:31 AM
Dell X51v is VGA, 256Mb ROM, Intel2700g. 1100mAh battery.
Hx2790 is QuarterVGA, 192Mb ROM, NO Intel2700g, 1440mAh battery.
Price?

I'd say the Dell is waaay better unless battery life is the biggest concern.[/quote]

Thank you for your advice. do you know if the dell has usb port and if it has built in microphone and speakers ??
What is the intel2700g ?
the poeple at Hp said something about a new wifi network where the hp hx2790 will work worldwide internet do you know anything about that ?

thanks again SDF

hamishmacdonald
03-11-2006, 06:04 PM
The Dell does not have USB host capabilities. It does have a built-in microphone and one built-in speaker.

The Intel2700g is an on-board graphics processor (which programmers could use to create great 3D games, except at present only this device is capable of this, so it's not widely adopted yet).

There is no world-wide WiFi network, and HP certainly aren't providing us with one any time soon. If they are, I'd love to hear about it!

Cybrid
03-11-2006, 06:07 PM
Edit: Hamish beat me to it.

Wifi is location based & the Dell has it too. Small coffee shops may offer it as a means to earn your business.

USB: Both hx2790 & Dell X50v are USB peripherals. Meaning, you can connect to a PC Host using USB.

Some like Fujitsu PL720 can act as host as well. This is limited to Keyboards,mice, storage drives....small stuff. No printers/scanners/etc

Patrick Y.
03-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Better read this first before considering x51v:
http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=117309

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Cybrid
03-12-2006, 01:06 AM
Better read this first before considering x51v:
http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=117309Truc for the X50v but the X51v is being updated at a steady pace. It is stable.

Patrick Y.
03-12-2006, 01:52 AM
Not if you want usable bluetooth:
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47125

Sven Johannsen
03-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Not if you want usable bluetooth:
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47125

Usable is a matter of opinion and requirements. You can use the BT on the X51v to ActiveSync, share files and connect serial based BT peripherals (notably GPS). I expect with the addition of Think Outside's drivers you can use their BT Keyboard and Mouse. Yes they did not provide any audio profiles, but that is not a given with WM devices. I don't think there is a stereo profile on any WM5 device, and the headset/handsfree support on PPCPEs gives people fits. Yes it works on the phone side, but is a bugger to get working with normal audio (read Skype). If VoIP is high on the priority list, and doing it over BT is desired, stick with WM2003SE on a Dell X50. Don't upgrade and don't get a 51 until something changes. Research well before buying something else too.