View Full Version : iPAQ h4150/h4155 Screen Repair

margolin
03-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Oh No! I've broken my h4150 screen again! It looks like the LCD is fine and the only thing broken is the touch screen/digitizer. I decided to try to replace just this piece instead of the entire LCD unit as it costs $60 instead of $160. I've replaced the entire assembly before; it's fairly easy. I have not replaced just the touch screen though. I looked at the broken one and it looks like there is a single connector between the touch screen and the LCD that needs to be soldered or glued.

Has anyone done this repair? Do you have any hints/suggestions? I haven't been able to find anything on the web. I'm going to give it a try even if I don't get any advice. Hopefully I can get it to work. If I do, I'll post instructions/photos.

Jacob
03-10-2006, 07:53 PM
I don't have any advice as to how to do it yourself, but Pocketpctechs will do this for you (http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main~unit~HP_Compaq_iPAQ_h4155-133~area~repairs-Full+Service+Repairs~item~I19-TS03.htm) if you wanted to have them do it.

I've emailed their support before about some things and they seem to be pretty good with just giving simple advice so you might want to contact them.