View Full Version : AS 4.0 and multiple Outlook contact folders

John Schaefer
03-10-2006, 06:43 AM
MY xv6700 has two sync relationships, with my personal/business laptop and my office desktop. I have four contact folders (Corporate, Customers, Vendors, Personal) in my office desktop Outlook, and a couple more contacts folders on my laptop. I really don't want to merge them into a big mess of a mega-folder.

I suspect I know the answer to this, but hey, it's worth asking:

Is there any way to convince AS to sync all (or ideally, selected!) entries within multiple external contacts folders with the single contacts folder within the PPC, other than by merging all of the external contacts folders?

Or, is there a good workaround?

gpstoloff
03-10-2006, 02:36 PM
MY xv6700 has two sync relationships, with my personal/business laptop and my office desktop. I have four contact folders (Corporate, Customers, Vendors, Personal) in my office desktop Outlook, and a couple more contacts folders on my laptop. I really don't want to merge them into a big mess of a mega-folder.

I suspect I know the answer to this, but hey, it's worth asking:

Is there any way to convince AS to sync all (or ideally, selected!) entries within multiple external contacts folders with the single contacts folder within the PPC, other than by merging all of the external contacts folders?

Or, is there a good workaround?

Nope, AS won't sync anything but the Master contact folder. I work around the problem by using categories within the single Master contact folder in Outlook, so that all my contacts will come over to my PPC.