View Full Version : trouble getting on internet with wifi card

quiche
03-09-2006, 05:51 PM
A few months ago, it was working. I have a WPC12 CF Linksys card for my Pocket PC, a Jornada 547. There is a hotspot at my university and I could get connected and online. Since then, I had to do a hard-reset and reload all the programs.

I tried yesterday to connect to this hotspot. There is a configuration program with the Linksys card and it shows the link - and it said a good signal and connection. But when I pulled up NetFront to get onto the internet, I got the following error message -

Type: DNS Host not found

I also tried with Internet Explorer and same problem with connecting to the Internet.

I figure I must have something configured wrong. I had 128 bit encryption toggled. There is no need to sign on at this hotspot.

What is wrong?

Cybrid
03-09-2006, 09:29 PM
A few months ago, it was working. I have a WPC12 CF Linksys card for my Pocket PC, a Jornada 547. There is a hotspot at my university and I could get connected and online. Since then, I had to do a hard-reset and reload all the programs.

I tried yesterday to connect to this hotspot. There is a configuration program with the Linksys card and it shows the link - and it said a good signal and connection. But when I pulled up NetFront to get onto the internet, I got the following error message -

Type: DNS Host not found

I also tried with Internet Explorer and same problem with connecting to the Internet.

I figure I must have something configured wrong. I had 128 bit encryption toggled. There is no need to sign on at this hotspot.

What is wrong?
try using www.cam.com VxIP to renew your IP and use Al Jarvi's connection manager guide to ensure your settings are correct.

quiche
03-09-2006, 11:21 PM
try using www.cam.com VxIP to renew your IP and use Al Jarvi's connection manager guide to ensure your settings are correct.[/quote]

Thanks, but the vxIP is for Pocket PC 2002 and 2003. My Jornada is PocketPC 2000. And where do you get the connection manager guide?

Cybrid
03-09-2006, 11:33 PM
try using www.cam.com VxIP to renew your IP and use Al Jarvi's connection manager guide to ensure your settings are correct.

Thanks, but the vxIP is for Pocket PC 2002 and 2003. My Jornada is PocketPC 2000. And where do you get the connection manager guide?[/quote]WOW. Old Skool! Well the connection manager guide was written for 2002/2003 as well.

I'm going to go find my Casio E-125 and adapt the guide. May take some time.