View Full Version : ActiveSync Explore No Longer Works!

maikii
03-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Using ActiveSync 3.8, with two WM2003 devices--an IPAQ 2210 PPC, and an Audiovox SMT5600 smartphone. On the desktop computer, running WinXP SP1 (latest updates to it).

Lately, when I click "Explore" on the main ActiveSync screen, I get a
strange error message:

"The path '(followed by a long string of characters, looks nothing like any
path I've seen)' does not exist or is not a directory".

This happens with either of my devices connected. Previously I had no problem with that "Explore" function, with either device.

Therefore, I assume something got messed up in my ActiveSync settings, or in XP in general.

How do I fix this? Are there any registry keys I should check? Settings to check?

Thank you for your assistance.

Cybrid
03-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Using ActiveSync 3.8, with two WM2003 devices--an IPAQ 2210 PPC, and an Audiovox SMT5600 smartphone. On the desktop computer, running WinXP SP1 (latest updates to it).

Lately, when I click "Explore" on the main ActiveSync screen, I get a
strange error message:

"The path '(followed by a long string of characters, looks nothing like any
path I've seen)' does not exist or is not a directory".

This happens with either of my devices connected. Previously I had no problem with that "Explore" function, with either device.

Therefore, I assume something got messed up in my ActiveSync settings, or in XP in general.

How do I fix this? Are there any registry keys I should check? Settings to check?

Thank you for your assistance.this is a shot in the dark but perhaps reinstalling AS would correct the problem.