View Full Version : Mobile windows 5 file explorer mapping network drives IPAQ 1955

rdgof
03-08-2006, 05:39 PM
I've a home wirless lan, desktop PC and wirless IPAQ 1955. I've shared a directory from the desktop pc and I can browse it from file explorer on my pocket pc. When I try to open any files on the network drive, mp3s ect by double clicking nothing happens. This seems to work fine for mp3s and local files on pocket pc or storage card.
Also. When I open media player on the Ipaq i can't navigate to this nerwork drive to play my mp3's etc. I need to create a short cut to the file locally on pocket pc and then point media player at the short cut. This is the same for other applications such as word and excel. Is there any way to mapped the network drive permenantly and have other application use it.

Cybrid
03-09-2006, 06:09 AM
I've a home wirless lan, desktop PC and wirless IPAQ 1955. I've shared a directory from the desktop pc and I can browse it from file explorer on my pocket pc. When I try to open any files on the network drive, mp3s ect by double clicking nothing happens. This seems to work fine for mp3s and local files on pocket pc or storage card.
Also. When I open media player on the Ipaq i can't navigate to this nerwork drive to play my mp3's etc. I need to create a short cut to the file locally on pocket pc and then point media player at the short cut. This is the same for other applications such as word and excel. Is there any way to mapped the network drive permenantly and have other application use it.For some reason, MS disabled remote file execution in file explorer.
Try a better one like TotalCommander or Resco

rdgof
03-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Tried both of thease but counldn't get either of them to browser to a network folder. I've got resco installed but when I clcik map network option nothing happens. In Resco's 2003 in file/option/add-ins menu the two 'show network' options are greyed out and are unselectable for some reason.

Cybrid
03-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Tried both of thease but counldn't get either of them to browser to a network folder. I've got resco installed but when I clcik map network option nothing happens. In Resco's 2003 in file/option/add-ins menu the two 'show network' options are greyed out and are unselectable for some reason.Hmm. Thcy both work on my WM5 device....
Please check for connectivity. Is the network online? Try browsing with Pocket Internet Explorer

rdgof
03-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Yep pocket internet explore works fine just can't get the map network to work on Resco.

Tried both of thease but counldn't get either of them to browser to a network folder. I've got resco installed but when I clcik map network option nothing happens. In Resco's 2003 in file/option/add-ins menu the two 'show network' options are greyed out and are unselectable for some reason.Hmm. Thcy both work on my WM5 device....
Please check for connectivity. Is the network online? Try browsing with Pocket Internet Explorer