View Full Version : Installing CAB file on 8125

dlogan1
03-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Question from an idiot: I just downloaded a new skin for the dialer. It looks really cool. But I don't know how to install it. The directions say to: Copy skin cab to your ppc and run it to install. Well on my desktop the file is a Zip file, not a cab. If I unzip it on my desktop, there are 42 files inside, none are recognizable file types. If I copy the zip file to my ppc, it's not recognized there either. I am sure what I am attempting is very simple, but I don't know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Vincent M Ferrari
03-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Is it showing a .zip extension, or is it a .cab file that is openable by either the built in Zip utility in Windows or Winzip?

Chances are it's really a cab file (if you right click and click properties, it should show you the full name with the extension). If it is a cab file, take that entire file and drag it to your PPC and double click it. It should extract everything properly and the theme should then be available to you.

dlogan1
03-08-2006, 08:46 PM
It's most definately a Winzip executable file type. I've since downloaded another skin from the same site and see there are 59 files included. File types include: GIF, PNG, SKIN, TGA, and Wave sound files.

Nurhisham Hussein
03-09-2006, 02:33 AM
*.cab files are winzip files, it's just that the PPC OS will treat them as installers. Try just renaming the *.zip file as a *.cab, move it to your PDA and click on it there in File Explorer.