View Full Version : WM5, xv6700 and alarm programs

adegon
03-07-2006, 06:06 PM
I recently got a xv6700. My old phone serviced as my daily alarm clock, which I loved. The built-in alarm on WM5 isn't that great, mainly because there isn't a giant SNOOZE button for me to hit several hundred times before I decide to roll out of bed.

There seems to be tons of alarm programs out there, but none of them work with this device when it is is sleep mode. In other words, if I run the alarm app, put the phone into sleep mode and wait for it to go off (and wake up the device), it doesn't happen. I don't want to have to leave the device on because I want to use it as an alarm when I am not at home (and may not have a charger with me).

When I manually wake up the device, the alarm is "going off" in the background, but it's making no sound.

I've emailed the support group over at pTravelAlarm (I think that's the name of the app) and they've confirmed that it may not be a WM5 problem, it may be a xv6700 problem.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone found a solution?

GuyKo
05-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Hi,

I know this is quite late, but maybe it's still relevant: I too have been having problems with alarms and a Windows Mobile 5 device, not to mention trying the alarm app that you mentioned.
I also think this is WM5 issue as I am using a different app (Chronos) and still experiencing many problems with alarm sounds. I have two work arounds: one is to disable Sleep and keep device on an AC charge all night, the other is to perform a Soft Reset, which than seems to allow the sound to be heard.
Of course both are not permanent solutions and I would love to find final answers. I fear this might not be so easy as it could be a rather more serious fault in WM5.

Let me know if you have any answers yourself.

Regards,

GuyKo.

PS: using MDA Vario/iMate K-jam