View Full Version : IPAQ 5455 Won't Power On if Off Cradle

Watahead
03-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi. I researched this problem in the archives before posting this and have tried everything I could find out there.

The problem started when I went a week without putting the IPAQ in the cradle to charge. The battery would not charge when I finally go it to a cradle. I got a new battery several months ago.

My IPAQ 5455 works fine in the cradle. If you take it out the only way to turn it on is to do a soft reset. It turns off fine.

I have not used it for months. I have had it in the cradle. I started playing with it again when I found your site.

I have downloaded the new ROM. I have downloaded the new battery driver. I have tried the battery power slide trick on the stand by screen. I have tried a hard reset, soft reset and removed and put the battery back on and off.

I have charged the battery over night last night after all the downloads. Today when I pulled it off the cradle the power button turned it on one time and then it would not turn it on again. It shows 100% capacity on the battery. I have not replaced the "internal" battery yet. Mostly because I don't know where it is.

I love my IPAQ but have not been able to use it in months. I would appreciate any help that is offered.

Thanks,

Mike

Cybrid
03-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Had a similar Ipaq 3630 experience. Battery is definitely DOA.

Watahead
03-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Which battery? The main one or the one on the inside?

Nurhisham Hussein
03-14-2006, 01:25 AM
The main one. Sounds like the long layoff killed it.

Menneisyys
03-15-2006, 08:51 AM
I have not used it for months. I have had it in the cradle.

That was the problem - the battery is dead and can't be "kicked in". NEVER leave li-ion batteries in PDA's if you don't plan to put them on a charger for more than a few weeks!!