View Full Version : WM5 Phone Editions - Losing track of what's out there...

martin_ayton
03-06-2006, 03:11 PM
With MSFP / AKU2 finally being rolled out by carriers / OEMs, and reliable backup software available, I'm now seriously considering replacing my faithful Xda2s with a newer, smaller converged device but... I've lost track of what's out there. The key discussions here seeem to focus on the K-Jam (aka Xda mini S etc.) and the ETEN M600 (aka Torq P120) with the Xda ATOM coming up fast on the outside. Is that it, or am I missing something important?

As far as I can see, the key downside of the M600 is its data connectivity: no EDGE or 3G (UMTS); WiFi but b not b/g; no mini USB and only Bluetooth 1.2.

The K-Jam's downsides appear to be (for me) that darned mini-SD card and diasagreement over whether the 200 MHz OMAP processor is up to it. Also, I can't work out from the websites if the K-Jam has 3G (UMTS) connectivity or not.

Could someone who has managed to keep pace with all the new releases please post a snapshot on the key WM5 PE devices, rough pricing and main differences between them? I'd really appreciate it.

ctmagnus
03-07-2006, 01:09 AM
Could someone who has managed to keep pace with all the new releases please post a snapshot on the key WM5 PE devices, rough pricing and main differences between them? I'd really appreciate it.

Me too, please!

I'm looking for something a bit smaller than the K-Jam. My current contenders are: HTC Prophet/i-mate JAMin/O2XDA Neo, but it has processor issues; the O2 XDA Atom, but it has button issues (I'd prefer more than it has) and it's only tri-band with the European frequencies and I'm in North America; and the E-ten M600. I'm not really considering the Torq P120 at this point considering it's a North American device and the way North American carriers tend to treat their customers...