View Full Version : Virus Protection / Defence

kiekelly
03-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Hi,

just wondering how susceptible Pocet PC's are too Viruses? are they effected by the same Viruses PC's are? I'm a Mac user so not really used to dealing with Viruses.. Do you need Virus Protection on the Pocket PC ? and if so which software would you reccomend ?

Kieran

pocketpcadmirer
03-05-2006, 02:52 PM
You do not need to worry about viruses, trojans, horses etc :)

Till date, only 2-3 viruses have been made for pocket pcs. And they dont replicate themselves madly.

are they effected by the same Viruses PC's
No they are not effected

So, currently, relax;dont worry about viruses on pocket pcs :)

Though, you may want to see this thread
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46836

Sunny

Nurhisham Hussein
03-06-2006, 03:37 AM
You do not need to worry about viruses, trojans, horses etc :)

Till date, only 2-3 viruses have been made for pocket pcs. And they dont replicate themselves madly.

Actually, the only ones in existance are proof of concept only (made by antivirus firms - do you smell a rat?). There aren't any in the wild.

Menneisyys
03-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Hi,

just wondering how susceptible Pocet PC's are too Viruses? are they effected by the same Viruses PC's are? I'm a Mac user so not really used to dealing with Viruses.. Do you need Virus Protection on the Pocket PC ? and if so which software would you reccomend ?

Kieran

As the others have already pointed out: no, you won't need any kind of firewall/antivirus apps for the PPC. They would only slow down your device.

pocketpcadmirer
03-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Actually, the only ones in existance are proof of concept only (made by antivirus firms - do you smell a rat?). There aren't any in the wild.

No, I am not talking about them(you are talking about the news, which was there on the frontpage on Mar 1,06). There were 2-3 developed by virus makers(in year 2003). I dont remember the name of the virus, but, it didnt spread itself. So, there was nothing like 'super alert' :wink:

Well, so far, so good

Sunny

Nurhisham Hussein
03-06-2006, 04:16 PM
No, I am not talking about them(you are talking about the news, which was there on the frontpage on Mar 1,06). There were 2-3 developed by virus makers(in year 2003). I dont remember the name of the virus, but, it didnt spread itself. So, there was nothing like 'super alert' :wink:

Well, so far, so good

Sunny

Actually those are the ones I'm refering to, the recent news isn't on a virus - it's on spyware/malware.

pocketpcadmirer
03-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Actually those are the ones I'm refering to, the recent news isn't on a virus - it's on spyware/malware.

I never said that the 'recent' news was about the virus.

Sunny :lol: