View Full Version : Verizon XV6700 PPC and bluetooth headphones

dan316
03-05-2006, 12:36 AM
I just bought a set of Motorola HT820 stereo headphones. I believe I paired the two up correctly as the phone works through the headphones. But my main reason for the purchase was to play mp3's through them, that does not work. Any ideas why? I thought I saw somewhere that my bluetooth version may work on the phone but not for mp3's. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

dbrahms
03-07-2006, 09:02 PM
it's not the phone as my xv6700 plays everything thru the bt headset. I have the logitech mobile express BT headset. I just pair the device initially and wait til i see the headphone icon show up on the phone application. once I see that, I go to media player and play a song....goes right to my headset.

make sure u see the headset icon on your phone app and then try this. I can hear all system noises, media player stuff and even sounds for other various apps

bigray327
03-20-2006, 02:09 AM
I have the HT820 headphones as well. Don't quote me on this, but I don't think you can connect to only one source for both music and phone. I've had no problem connecting to separate devices (i.e. PC for music, 6700 for phone) but can't seem to do both on the 6700 simultaneously. It probably has to do with pausing the music when a phone call comes in. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

That said, you need the A2DP bluetooth profile to play stereo music from any source. I don't think that's onboard a stock XV6700. This (http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=548bdbf94335980369d258bf5e453038&threadid=120926&highlight=A2DP) little trick worked with my iPAQ, but I don't have the balls to try it with my new XV6700... yet. :)

Off topic: do you get audio dropouts with your HT820s? Annoying!

harlie
03-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Hi Ray,
I'm a newbie here and was hoping to pick your brain on this stuff, so please bear with me, and thanks in advance for any help you may share.
Have you mustered enough courage to try the "fix"?
We're all anxiously waiting, I know the feeling, after dropping that much money (specially if personal and not work provided).
Have you tried Plantronic's Pulsar 590 BT headset? or have compared with what you have? which one would you recommend? why?
Does xv6700 uses broardcomm BT stack or MS Window? this may answer why the "fix" may or may not work.
Does xv6700 have A2DP? if not can we get it? where?
Please post of how you got xv6700 to work with BT headset in stereo/hi-fi?
Sorry for so many questions.
Thanks again for any help you may provide.
Arlie A.