View Full Version : Need help with Axim X5...

saturnkk
03-03-2006, 04:05 PM
I had stopped using my Axim X5 (400 MHz version) awhile back as it seems to like to turn itslef on from time to time and completely drain both batteries. Today I had the idea of looking for a firmware update that might fix this problem. The most current that I could find at Dell was A02. However, mine currently has A03 installed.

First, is there a more current version than A03? I have Windows for Pocket PC v2002. (not 2003).

If not, should I ugrade to 2003? Will this help my problem? Where can I buy Windows for Pocket PC 2003 and how much does it cost?

Thanks!

kurthanish
03-03-2006, 04:49 PM
I do not know the answer to your specific question, but a potential workaround is to check the option to have the device automatically turn off if not used for a certain amount of time while runnning on battery. I have and X5 and the only time it turns itself on is if a reminder goes off. I had to set this option on mine because sometimes I would have reminders go off when my pocket pc was put away for the day and it would nearly drain my batteries all the way down.

saturnkk
03-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Thanks, but I already have it set to turn off after 3 minutes when on battery power... For some reason, it keeps turning back on anyway. I know alerts turn it on but it doesn't always seem to turn back off like it should...