View Full Version : Tomeraider STINKS

mfgriggs
03-03-2006, 12:36 AM
I actually like the program, but the customer supports is awful. I bought the Palm and PocketPC versions and was pretty happy with them. Unfortunately my desktop computer crashed and I lost my passwords. My problems began when I tried to contact Yadabyte so they could issue me another one. I emailed them using the address found in the "about tomeraider" menu item on my pocketpc. This address turns out to not be manned. I went to their automated website which is suppose to generate a password and email it to you within one hour. I NEVER received an email containing my code(Its been about 2 weeks now). I went to Handango where I bought the PocketPC version and reported my problem. Handango said they will give Yadabyte 2 days to resolve the issue or I will be refunded my money. The only reason I even bother with Tomeraider is so that I can use wikipedia. Are there any alternatives to tomeraider for wiki?

Jason Dunn
03-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Are there any alternatives to tomeraider for wiki?

Here's one:

http://www.revolution.cx/Lexipedia/Lexipedia.htm

bmhome1
03-04-2006, 03:38 AM
The TomeRaider folks are VERY nice once you do make contact. I failed to get registration code response from yaddabyte but got prompt answer after emailing Proporta and requesting forwarding. They may have some issues with their ISP and filtering.

cml
03-04-2006, 08:08 PM
I've always had good response from Proporta -- go to them....

applejosh
03-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Chock up another bad experience with Yadabyte. Is there really anyone (who isn't drunk and passed out) manning that place?