View Full Version : I have 8125 - I have questions

rookcnu
03-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Just got my new Cingular 8125 last week and I have many questions.

1. What is the largest mini sd card that this thing will handle? I know that there are 2 GB out there right now, but can this unit handle 2 GB? Has anyone seen larger than 2 GB mini sd?

2. I have seen external cameras that fit in to sd slots. Has anyone seen cameras that fit into mini sd slots?

3. Want to put video and music onto this unit using the Windows Media Player 10 mobile. However, my wife has an Ipod and when I rip videos for her Ipod, I rip them into mpeg4 format. This format does not work on WM10. The mp3 audio format works on both, though. Just not the video. I would love to find something other than WM10 that will play audio and video in the same format as the Ipod. Maybe an itunes for pocket pc???? Does anyone know of a different media from WM 10 that can use the same format on pocket pc as Ipod? Or,... is there a different video format other than mpeg4 (Ipod) and wmv (pocket pc) that is universla between the two? I just don't want to have to rip every DVD twice. Once for her and once for me.

4. I am stuggling with the wi-fi trying to pick up signals at certain hot spots. At work, everything works fine. No problems and very fast. Yet when I am at home, it will say it is connected to the access point, but I can't actually get a web page to show up. Same with other hot spots at restaurants, book stores, etc. It will either not connect, or when it does, it is horribly slow (5 minutes to load a page). Can anyone help?

jeremyjoslin
03-03-2006, 12:20 AM
The Core Pocket Media Player will play almost anything,

SteveHoward999
03-03-2006, 04:02 AM
2. I have seen external cameras that fit in to sd slots. Has anyone seen cameras that fit into mini sd slots?

I've never seen mini-SD camera. I though that device already had a camera ... ?

Menneisyys
03-04-2006, 09:15 AM
1. What is the largest mini sd card that this thing will handle? I know that there are 2 GB out there right now, but can this unit handle 2 GB?

I'm pretty sure it can.

Jerry Raia
03-04-2006, 05:58 PM
I can tell you my 1GB miniSD works in it. :)