View Full Version : IPAQ Address Book sync problem

chieflawdawg
02-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Looking for some help. Just bought an Ipaq from my son (yes, I'm a newbie at pocket pc-ing). I was trying to sync my address book from my desktop. The addresses that were saved in my e-mail contacts list sync'ed ok but then all of a sudden they disappeared from my desktop and only two were present on my Ipaq. I retyped several on my desktop and resynced, same thing happend. They seem to move to the Ipaq alright, but then disappear from desktop and Ipaq. Kinda annoying since now I cannot find all of my contacts that were once in my desktop.

Any suggestions??? Thanks

DrQuincy
02-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Howdy!

First let's deal with your lost contacts. Check the Deleted Items folder in Outlook--hopefully your missing contacts are still there.

As for the issue that created this problem, check your ActiveSync settings to see if they are causing this. The only other thing that comes to mind is that Outlook is AutoArchiving these contacts, effectively taking them out of your Contacts folder.

I can relate to the frustration of losing contacts. A nice collection of data can be wiped out far too easily if one is not careful. Good luck!