View Full Version : More ActiveSync 4.1 Problems

John Blasdell
02-26-2006, 10:54 PM
I'm having two problems with ActiveSync 4.1. I upgraded ActiveSync from v3.8 to the 4.1 version on the VZW disk included with my 700w. I also sync my Axim X30 High to this computer. I don't use the Axim as much as I used to (I carry it as a backup and to access my SplashID info -- no WM5 compatible version of that program yet!), so my daily procedure is to first sync the Treo (where all changes have been made), then sync the Axim. Everything syncs fine, but...

1. I wanted to add fonts to the Treo. I copied three TrueType font files to the Treo's "My Documents" directory, then synced. An error message told me the fonts could not be copied to the device, but they were. I did a 'Cut & Paste' on the device to get the fonts to the proper folder, and the fonts work OK. No problem on the Treo. However, when I sync there are always 3 'unresolved items' under 'Files'. Click on 'Resolve Items' and the error message states, "Cannot copy 'wingding.ttf'. Make sure your mobile device has sufficient memory, that the file is not set as read-only, and that you have permission to copy this file type." When I click OK I see a similar message listing a different font I installed to the Treo, and so on. The Treo has 52 megs of storage memory free, and the fonts are not in the PC's or PPC sync folder, viewed in Windows File Explorer. I unchecked 'Files', synced a couple of times (no error messages), rechecked 'Files', synced again, and the problem returned. How can I make the error messages go away?

2. I had to hard reset the Treo then reinstall everything (MemMaid trashed Voice Command. Goodbye MemMaid!). Now, when I sync the Axim, it reports 83 unresolved items, all 'Notes'. The 'Notes' on the Treo all show the recent date I reinstalled and synced everything; the Axim 'Notes' show various older dates; I have no idea the 'Notes' dates on the desktop or where to find the file(s). Click on 'Resolve Items' and the error message states, "Cannot syncronize '(Note name)' with the device. It may be in use or you may not have enough device memory." Click OK and the same error message shows the name of another note. Repeat this 83 times and I still have 83 unresolved items. I have 16.315 megs of storage memory free and 23.132 megs of program memory free on the Axim. Why can't AS resolve this?

3. Copying the TrueType fonts to the device's "My Documents" directory, sync, then 'Cut & Paste' on the device to get the fonts to the proper folder always worked fine before. Is there a better way to install fonts to a WM5 device?

setec
02-27-2006, 02:20 AM
Its always worked for me this way:

Just copy the fonts from your c:\windows\fonts folder to your device\\windows\\fonts folder.

Hope that works.

John Blasdell
02-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks. Yes, that is easier and faster. Now, if I can figure how to delete or resolve the 'error' messages...

Kacey Green
03-02-2006, 05:31 PM
change the settings for notes and then change it back, or just disable it

John Blasdell
03-05-2006, 10:33 PM
I previously disabled Notes, synced, then enabled the Notes sync again. I don't want to disable the Notes sync, as I want the changes I make on one PPC to show up on the other.