View Full Version : 2210 Crash Problem

maikii
02-20-2006, 01:05 AM
I have had problems with my IPAQ 2210 crashing lately. Suddenly dead, blank screen, although the battery is not low at all. Won't start up with the power button. I then try the reset button, which sometimes works in re-booting the system (although then it sometimes freezes again during the boot-up process), and other times doesn't.

I find it more likely will boot up again (although still not always) if I take out both memory cards, SD and CF.

If I succeed in booting it up with the cards removed, if I re-insert either of the two cards, the IPAQ suddenly goes blank again. Nothing is wrong with either of the cards, they both test out well on the PC.

What could be causing this problem? Could it be software? Or is it a hardware problem? If the latter, what would be involved in fixing it?

I recently applied the "Wake-up Tweak" (see recent thread in other forum about scheduled recording with Resco Audio Recorder). Could that have caused some problem, that causes this? I think I also tried some tweak to move IE cache, etc., to the CF card. Could any of those tweaks have caused this freeze problem?

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thank you.

Janak Parekh
02-20-2006, 01:20 AM
I can't speak towards the specific hacks you've mentioned, but this kind of symptom can happen due to a software or hardware problem, and the freeze-on-soft-reset is worrisome. Often, the fastest way to debug it is to do a full backup, followed by a hard reset, followed by a few days' use with few or no custom programs to make sure it's not a hardware problem.

--janak