View Full Version : How do I set up the VTI pocket emulator on my pocket pc?

chees
02-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Hello, at school I recently started trigonometry and my teacher says we need to buy graphing calculators. I believe the models we will be using are TI-83s. Well, I thought it would be a lot cheaper just to get an emulator for my x50v. So I downloaded the VTI Pocket Emulator. I installed the software and everything, but it still says I need a ROM image. Does anyone know where I can get one? And how do I install it once I get it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

Darius Wey
02-19-2006, 02:57 AM
Hello, at school I recently started trigonometry and my teacher says we need to buy graphing calculators. I believe the models we will be using are TI-83s. Well, I thought it would be a lot cheaper just to get an emulator for my x50v. So I downloaded the VTI Pocket Emulator. I installed the software and everything, but it still says I need a ROM image. Does anyone know where I can get one? And how do I install it once I get it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

In order to stay legit, you can only acquire a TI-83 ROM image directly from a TI-83 by performing a ROM dump. Once you have a working ROM image, I would assume the method of accessing it is much like Virtual TI - i.e. copy the image to the program folder, launch VTI Pocket Emulator, then open the image using one of the emulator's menus.

On a side note, doesn't your school or education council have regulatory standards? You might be able to use the X50v + TI-83 ROM in class, but when it comes to exams (in particular, your final school exams), you will probably be restricted from using your X50v since it's not a certified calculator.