View Full Version : What do you think of "Challange/Response" email filtering?

Mark Kenepp
02-17-2006, 08:12 PM
I am just curious what your opinion is about Challange/Response Email Filtering (http://email.about.com/cs/spamgeneral/a/challenge_resp.htm)?

Do you use it?

Do you respond when given the "challenge"?

I personally do not like them, especially in the business application.

I actually know a few instances here in our office where we were given a Challenge/Response request and we just chose to not do business with that individual.

My personal email is set up to only accept senders who are in my address book but I do not use a "Challenge/Response" system. I just look through the blocked email folder and add senders when I see an email I want to get through.

What are your thoughts?

SteveHoward999
02-18-2006, 03:09 AM
It annoys me, but I don't think I have ever refused to do it because I understand why it's being used. SPAM is more annoying.

emuelle1
02-20-2006, 08:53 PM
I switched as much as possible over to gmail which has a decent server-side spam filter. I download via pop to Outlook, which is set up to route email from any sender not on my safe senders list to the junk folder. I can go in the junk folder and set any that I want to see to safe sender and delete the rest.

My Comcast account was getting so much spam that I finally changed my username. No more spam. I had long since stopped downloading Comcast into Outlook.