View Full Version : PIE Closing after Loading Page - AximX51V

Gator5000e
02-17-2006, 04:05 PM
I have run into a problem with my new Axim. On some web pages, PIE will spontaneously close as soon as it finishes loading a web page. It is quite annoying. Has anyone seen this behavior and is there a way to fix it? I did a search and did not find anything. Thanks.

emuelle1
02-20-2006, 08:32 PM
It happens to me too on my Axim x30 with WM2003SE. The only solution I've come up with is to hold a fire to the butt of a PPC developer until he releases a superior, functional, and reliable browser (preferably freeware).

Cybrid
02-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Could be a number of things.
Can you try the same page after a soft reset? Shut down all inessential software?
Does one specific page do this?
Have you tried Opera? Minimo? Netfront?

Menneisyys
02-21-2006, 04:05 PM
I have run into a problem with my new Axim. On some web pages, PIE will spontaneously close as soon as it finishes loading a web page. It is quite annoying. Has anyone seen this behavior and is there a way to fix it? I did a search and did not find anything. Thanks.

Could you please give me the URL's of these pages so that I pinpoint the cause for the crash? (You can also PM me.) I'm in the process of finding and collecting all these bugs to be reported to Microsoft.

Menneisyys
03-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Could be a number of things.

PIE is known for crashing at some CSS/HTML constructs (particularly in pre-WM5 versions); see for example http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=387&more=1 . (There're some more but they aren't public as I directly report these constructs, after finding them, to the WM Development Team.)

Can you try the same page after a soft reset? Shut down all inessential software?

That won't really help.

Have you tried Opera? Minimo? Netfront?

They won't crash. However, as I've pointed out in the linked article, simply running the page through Skweezer/MobileLeap will help.

Patrick Y.
03-18-2006, 07:25 PM
I've this problem with both my WM2003, 2003 SE devices. I don't have this problem with WM5 x50v since I don't use PIE anymore after the new TP of Netfront came out. Sometimes, I even have problem with PIE closing after loading EVERY pages. Hard-reset is the only thing that worked to solve the problem. :(