View Full Version : Looking for truly functional pda/phone/scheduler

jlagarde
02-16-2006, 05:07 AM
I may be dreaming but hope anyone here can tell if what I'm looking for is available.

I want to have voice recognition that will enable me to dictate a day, date and time that will then be translated and posted as an entry in a scheduler. After this information is acknowledged, I want to record and attached a voice message to this appointment time for replay when the scheduler alerts me of the meeting.

Example: I say "Monday December 3rd 10AM" (this then becomes an entry in my schedule) I then want to record a voice message "meeting with Sam at his place 32 Park Place, 234-1023, bring quotes and have Betty Sue make snacks" which is attached to the scheduler entry.

Does anything like this exist in a combination PDA/Cell phone?

Thanks for any help.

hamishmacdonald
02-16-2006, 12:00 PM
In a word, no.

Unfortunately, voice dictation software isn't available for the Windows Mobile devices. There are utilities for opening applications and menu items, and even reading back entries, but not for transcribing the spoken word.

SWAG
02-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Actually your slightly wrong :)

The new microsoft voice command might be the thing your looking for? Its compatable with all windows 2003 devices:)

Chect it out! http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/voicecommand/default.mspx

SWAG 0X

Nurhisham Hussein
02-18-2006, 01:11 AM
No, hamish is 100% right - MVC doesn't do dictation at all, which is what jlagarde was after.

pocketpcadmirer
02-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Yeah that was what I exactly was thinking. Microsoft voice command cant take an input of appointment by simply dictation. Though it can read it aloud

Sunny