View Full Version : Looking for time tracking software

CyyberSpaceCowboy
02-15-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm a consultant, and I'm looking for software that will let me record the time I arrive onsite, let me record notes on what I do for the customer as I work, then let me record the time I leave, calculating the time spent and the bill based on my hourly fee. I used to use the freeware "Hours" on my Palm (basically a stripped down version of Scheduler). It had a conversion program that exported data to comma delimited text on my PC, but it was always a hassle to sort the data by customer a date and cut and paste it into bills.

This time, I'm looking for a retail program that includes a Windows back end with one touch billing (i.e., at the end of the month, I open the Windows client, and print my bills with a mouse click). I'm not currently using bookkeeping software on my PC, but if there is an app that also exports to QuickBooks or another financial package that would be a plus. I'm not opposed to a freeware solution, I just don't expect to find all these features in a free download.

jmhope
02-15-2006, 06:07 PM
CyyberSpaceCowboy

Use extensively TimeTrackerMX form rfcons.com
Has everything you listed and well worth the price. believe they are working on a WM5 version.

dragonhand
02-17-2006, 03:31 AM
TimeTTracker MX is a fine program, having tried it for a period. But I wasn't prepared to invest in the program and now I have a WM2005 PDA for which TimeTTracker is not yet ready.

The route I have taken is to use the robust features of ListPro to design a time tracking module. The module has much the same structure as one might use in TimeTTracker. You have great flexibility to create the fields you need and then use "notes" to make any comments on a time entry. For specified fields you can set up drop down lists of your standard items. You can do things like organize your time entries by client and job, or the like. And at the end of the month it's an easy export and import into Excel where the totals are added up. Print it out or design a nice invoice template to use.

As for invoices, that was the one thing which I found to be very complicated and confusing in TimeTTracker.