View Full Version : keyboard for rx1950

Vanuslux
02-11-2006, 11:16 PM
I picked up my first PDA yesterday...an HP iPAQ rx1950...and I picked up a belkin wireless PDA keyboard for it. Unfortunately I've been having the worst time trying to get the keyboard to work. I have no idea what's wrong, as the software installation seemed to go alright. It just does nothing.

So, the question is does anyone know how to get these two pieces of equipment to work together or can at least tell me where I can find a keyboard that will work with the rx1950. I don't know anything about PDAs and the sales clerks I've talked to have all been pretty useless, combined with the fact it seems like most stores around here only carry the belkin.

Thanks.

Darius Wey
02-12-2006, 03:47 AM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

I picked up my first PDA yesterday...an HP iPAQ rx1950...and I picked up a belkin wireless PDA keyboard for it. Unfortunately I've been having the worst time trying to get the keyboard to work. I have no idea what's wrong, as the software installation seemed to go alright. It just does nothing.

I've not tried the Belkin Wireless PDA Keyboard + iPAQ rx1950 combo, but Belkin's drivers are terribly old. Your Pocket PC is running the latest Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system, and your keyboard may not support that.

So, the question is does anyone know how to get these two pieces of equipment to work together or can at least tell me where I can find a keyboard that will work with the rx1950. I don't know anything about PDAs and the sales clerks I've talked to have all been pretty useless, combined with the fact it seems like most stores around here only carry the belkin.

ThinkOutside makes a great set of keyboards. The Stowaway Infrared Portable Keyboard (http://www.thinkoutside.com/stowawayir_product.html) will work with your rx1950. Note, there is also a Stowaway Universal Bluetooth Keyboard. Make sure you don't get that one as your rx1950 does not have Bluetooth.

Vanuslux
02-15-2006, 04:27 AM
ThinkOutside makes a great set of keyboards. The Stowaway Infrared Portable Keyboard (http://www.thinkoutside.com/stowawayir_product.html) will work with your rx1950. Note, there is also a Stowaway Universal Bluetooth Keyboard. Make sure you don't get that one as your rx1950 does not have Bluetooth.

Well, I took your suggestion and unfortunately that's not working either. When I install the Stowaway everything seems to go well until the iPAQ does its reboot then I get an error message saying "The keyboard driver ("StowawayXT.dll") is not responding. Please reinstall." which I've tried to do over and over again.

Darius Wey
02-15-2006, 04:42 AM
Well, I took your suggestion and unfortunately that's not working either. When I install the Stowaway everything seems to go well until the iPAQ does its reboot then I get an error message saying "The keyboard driver ("StowawayXT.dll") is not responding. Please reinstall." which I've tried to do over and over again.

Did you use the drivers supplied with the keyboard, or did you download and install the updated set (http://www.thinkoutside.com/support/download.asp?did=161&pid=8&link=/support/Download%20Support/PPC5/En/dr/Think%20Outside%20ppc5%20En.zip) from the ThinkOutside web site?

Vanuslux
02-15-2006, 04:55 AM

Did you use the drivers supplied with the keyboard, or did you download and install the updated set (http://www.thinkoutside.com/support/download.asp?did=161&pid=8&link=/support/Download%20Support/PPC5/En/dr/Think%20Outside%20ppc5%20En.zip) from the ThinkOutside web site?

I'd used the ones that came with it. When they didn't work, I looked on the site and their search thingy told me there weren't any compatible drivers. I guess I should have dug deeper because the drivers you linked me to have gotten up and running fine. Thanks a million!

Darius Wey
02-15-2006, 05:16 AM
I guess I should have dug deeper because the drivers you linked me to have gotten up and running fine. Thanks a million!

Great. Glad to see you got it working. :)

sr2004
10-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Hello,

I have the Stoaway keyboard from Fellowes. The connection fits the rx1950 and the power cord connects and charges the rx1950, however I continually get keyboard errors when trying to load the drivers. I've tried loading the XT version and the regular stoaway version.

I do not have bluetooth, but I do have IR and WiFi

Can you offer any assistance of a driver that would work with my situation?

I have tried. getting the latest drivers for the stoaway and stoaway XT
I've gone to get the latest driver for the ipaq foldable keyboard too.

Would I need to update the bios? if so, I'm not certain how to do this..

Thank you for your time.
Scott