View Full Version : Are you having a HTC-manufactured pocketpc and can't sleep at night ?

TheEconomist
02-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Visit www.xda-developers.com . An entire site dedicated to those pocketpc's. Includes also links to original and updated ROMs.

This is an extract from their website:

"The only two things not wrong about the name of this site are the dash and the dot. This site is about certain PDA-phones, made by a secretive firm called HTC in Taiwan.[...]
So we 'reverse-engineered' the devices, found a lot of information, and shared it with the world.
But as our site grew we realised that lots of ordinary users were also suffering from a lack of support. They started using the xda-developers forum to communicate and before long the forum was as much a user forum as it was a developer forum."

pocketpcadmirer
02-12-2006, 08:03 AM
I infact love their site. I had a problem flashing my magician with new ROM few days ago. People their helped me and gave me all the technical assistance I needed.

Sunny

Jon Westfall
02-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Yea, xda-devs has been around for quite some time, and is a great place to look for more in-depth technical information on your device. It is also, however, a great place to find files that could potentially really screw up your device (They are 'developers' of course, so that user community is usually keen to try the latest, untested, unreleased, and unsupported software). Beware that flashing your device with a ROM not meant for it (i.e. a QTek 9100 ROM on a i-Mate K-Jam) may work but will most likely void the warrenty if you have to send the device in for repairs.

Other than that cautionary note, the site is a great resource.

code-frog
02-14-2006, 06:31 AM
...may work but will most likely void the warrenty if you have to send the device in for repairs.

Man the thought of doing something that might harm my 6700 just brings tears to my eyes. I had to go pick it up and make sure it was okay after even thinking about it. :lol:

If I had an extra 6700 I'd mod the heck out of it but as it stands man I'm all about supported software only. But you guys have fun flashing your ROM I'll watch the show from a distance. 8)

Cool site though. Very cool. Someday I might take my development to the PPC but I'm not there yet. I'm having a hard enough time going from COM/ATL/MFC/WIN32API to .Net and Web. I'll keep it simple for now. Remember the days when all you had to worry about was version compatibility and DLL hell? Man those were good days. :roll:

A little RegClean went a long ways back then. hehehehehehe

pocketpcadmirer
02-14-2006, 09:02 AM
Man the thought of doing something that might harm my 6700 just brings tears to my eyes. I had to go pick it up and make sure it was okay after even thinking about it.

Something made my magician dead,but, after following the steps again to recover my PDA, it was running again.

**BTW nothing great is there for your device

**it had stucked in the boot-loader mode

Sunny