View Full Version : Sd Card problem

blumonde
02-11-2006, 08:53 AM
I have an NEC P300 MobilePro. I added a 128M SD Card(SanDisk) to it. I have been trying to install games on the SD Card because I am running out the 32M memory on the PDA itself. The problem is that the games I installed on the SD Card didn't work at all. I even formatted the Card with "FAT" allocation in accordance with the same configuration of the 32M factory SD Card that came with my P300.

The two games I tried to install are "Leo's Flight simulator 1.0" and "KandG Arcade". The first one freezes my pda while starting it up. The second one has no start up Icon at all. And its folder on the SD Card has no files in it.

I use Activesync 3.8 for synchronization b/w my laptop and my pda. I have WinXP Pro on my laptop.

The PDA setting/system/memory/sdcard seems to recognize the card. I don't understand why those games don't work w/ my sd card. Perhaps I need to do some settings on the Card in order to get it work correctly?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

blumonde

pocketpcadmirer
02-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Does the other applications that are installed on your PPC also give you some error(s) ?

Also, can you see the files on your PC using a card reader ?

If yes, copy those files on your PC,reformat the card and copy the files again on the SD card. See if it runs properly on your PPC.

**just a thought. Are you using the default file explorer to view the files on PPC ? If yes, make sure you have enabled "view all files". To do this, open file explorer..tap-n-hold in empty region and select "view all files".

Sunny

blumonde
02-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Does the other applications that are installed on your PPC also give you some error(s) ?

Also, can you see the files on your PC using a card reader ?

If yes, copy those files on your PC,reformat the card and copy the files again on the SD card. See if it runs properly on your PPC.

**just a thought. Are you using the default file explorer to view the files on PPC ? If yes, make sure you have enabled "view all files". To do this, open file explorer..tap-n-hold in empty region and select "view all files".

Sunny

Hi,

Yes, on both pda and laptop, I can see the files when I browse the "Leo's flight Simulator" game folder on the sd card. However, the other game's folder was empty. The sd card didn't work like it suppose to?

Were you able to install software on sd card and access them without any problem?

My pda sd slot is not SDIO. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

blumonde

pocketpcadmirer
02-11-2006, 12:48 PM

No it has nothing to do with it

Were you able to install software on sd card and access them without any problem?

Yes, with no problem with viewing them with file explorer

However, the other game's folder was empty

May be you should reinstall the game. It might have been accidently deleted

Sunny

blumonde
02-11-2006, 02:07 PM

No it has nothing to do with it

Yes, with no problem with viewing them with file explorer

However, the other game's folder was empty

May be you should reinstall the game. It might have been accidently deleted

Sunny

Hmmm...right after I installed the second game, I couldn't find the Icon at all. I then verify the game folder and find nothing in it. I am sure I didn't delete it accidentally. I'm maybe new to pdas but I know very well my way around files and stuff because I work w/ computer every day. I am sure there was no mistakes on my side. Another thing is that, I installed the first game several times and it still hung up on me when launching it. If you like, you can test it out yourself if you don't believe me. Install one of the games. You can try the second one. You can find it at clickgamer.com. It is free.

blumonde

Nurhisham Hussein
02-11-2006, 02:13 PM
I thought Leo's required .Net CF? Since your PPC's kinda old, blumonde, I'm not sure it has that?

blumonde
02-12-2006, 01:40 AM
I thought Leo's required .Net CF? Since your PPC's kinda old, blumonde, I'm not sure it has that?

Not really Hishamh, I don't think it requires .net according to Leo's website. Plus, it would have detected it and notified me during the installation like other games did.

The OS is kinda old but the pda is still quite fast and works great. I will see if I can upgrade its OS soon though.

blumonde