View Full Version : private file transfer

saru83
02-11-2006, 06:15 AM
hi there, need help in something non-ppc related :)

Just wondering if there is some kind of software that will let u transfer files from user to user, something like the service MSN Messenger provides, but a lil bit more professional to be able to transfer bigger files.

Would really appreciate your suggestions :)

Sarwat

hamishmacdonald
02-11-2006, 04:01 PM
There's a program currently in Beta that's a bit like this, but what I don't like is that it requires the person on the other end to use the program, too. (Can't recall what its name is; sorry.)

In the meantime, I use YouSendIt.com, which sends the other person a link to the file you've uploaded, so you don't have to send it through e-mail. Then when they've downloaded it, they can delete it, or it automatically gets deleted after a certain period of time.

Menneisyys
02-11-2006, 04:32 PM
hi there, need help in something non-ppc related :)

Just wondering if there is some kind of software that will let u transfer files from user to user, something like the service MSN Messenger provides, but a lil bit more professional to be able to transfer bigger files.

Would really appreciate your suggestions :)

Sarwat

MSN Messenger isn't able to transfer big files?

You can also give a try to IRC clients if synchronity (both parties must be online at the same time, unlike with Web-based solutions) is not a problem.

saru83
02-12-2006, 03:18 AM
Thx guys for the help,

"hamishmacdonald" yousendit.com will do the job, i just tried it, its awesome.

"Menneisyys", i was trying to send a 485MB file, & basically it was a s/w so MSN didnt wanna trasfer it, gave me a msg with "unsafe file", so i was looking for a s/w thats actually intended for file trasfering.. :)

Thx again..

Jason Dunn
02-16-2006, 05:30 PM
www.foldershare.com

It kicks ass.