View Full Version : Acquiring DRM licence on POCKET PC

RMOHIUDDIN
02-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Hi Friends

I want to aquire licence for the media files which are DRM protected On Pocket pc(hp iPAQ rx3115).Does anyone knows about implementation of janus DRM on PPC Pls let me know. When i download a wmv media file to Pocket PC and when i try to play it says "The licence for this file cannot be found".Can anybody help me out on how to acquire licence for the DRM protected media files using my pocket pc programatically using "Smart Device Application" in C#.net,Is there any component or api's available which i can use for aquiring licence for the media files on a pocket pc running windows media player10.Thanks in advance.

benitoperez
02-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Que significa esto.

Saludos.

Guest979
02-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Que significa esto.

Saludos.

Por favor, no escriba en español aquí. La mayoría de la gente aquí sólo habla inglés.

Please, don't write in Spanish here. Most of the people here only speak English.

Janak Parekh
02-09-2006, 06:18 PM
I want to aquire licence for the media files which are DRM protected On Pocket pc(hp iPAQ rx3115).Does anyone knows about implementation of janus DRM on PPC Pls let me know. When i download a wmv media file to Pocket PC and when i try to play it says "The licence for this file cannot be found".Can anybody help me out on how to acquire licence for the DRM protected media files using my pocket pc programatically using "Smart Device Application" in C#.net,Is there any component or api's available which i can use for aquiring licence for the media files on a pocket pc running windows media player10.Thanks in advance.
As far as I can tell, the license acquisition mechanisms in WMP10 don't necessarily support this. In fact, at least with Rhapsody-To-Go, WMP10 on the desktop cannot acquire the licenses; you must fire up the proprietary Rhapsody client and have it download the licenses for you; then, the licenses can be synced to WMP10 Mobile.

As to whether or not a programmatic alternative is available, if so, it'd be service-dependent. As the above suggests, Rhapsody makes it difficult, as they want you to authenticate against their service, and they have their own sign-on mechanisms to do so.

Sorry for the non-answer, but I think this will be difficult.

--janak