View Full Version : Program Icon

JohnHappy
02-09-2006, 03:48 AM
Developing my first Pocket PC app using VS 2005.

My goal is to deploy the app and have an icon representing the application appear on the programs window.

The "Applications" tab on the solution properties has a place to browse to and choose an icon I created.

When looking at my single form in Design view I can browse to and choose my icon using the Icon property.

When deploying the app using the Pocket PC emulator I don't see my icon anywhere on my single-form app.

Will 'adding' my icon on the two above-mentioned property pages somehow deploy a program icon to the target PPC. If not, please help me understand how to get my icon (and program name) to show up on my app's form at run-time and in the PPC's programs window.

Guest979
02-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Make sure you are setting the Icon Property for the project, and not some subcomponent of the project. Also, make sure the icon file is in .ico format.

You can change the name that a Form (window) displays in its title bar by setting its Text property, either through VS's graphic designer, or programmatically with a statement like

theForm.Text = "I'm a form!";

(that's C#, but other .NET languages would be fairly similar).