View Full Version : Program Switching

friedshrimp
02-08-2006, 11:06 PM
Does anyone know how to increase the time allowed to pick a program using Switch Program built into WM5? When you press Switch Program, it comes up with your choices (using icons) but only gives you about a second to make a choice before it chooses what it thinks you want itself. If you have 3 or 4 programs open, it takes a bit to decide what program icon you're shooting for and then tap it and by that time, it's already made a choice. I would like to increase the default time to about 5 seconds if possible. :?:

Darius Wey
02-09-2006, 03:30 AM
I'm a little confused. Where is this "Switch Program" function built into Windows Mobile 5.0? Or, are you referring to the one in Spb Pocket Plus? It adds a series of new button commands (characterised by their enclosure in "[" and "]") such as [Switch Program]. That can't be tweaked beyond 1 second, but you can continuously press your button to cycle through the active programs.

CookieKid
02-09-2006, 04:11 AM
I'm a little confused. Where is this "Switch Program" function built into Windows Mobile 5.0? Or, are you referring to the one in Spb Pocket Plus? It adds a series of new button commands (characterised by their enclosure in "[" and "]") such as [Switch Program]. That can't be tweaked beyond 1 second, but you can continuously press your button to cycle through the active programs.

yep, I'm fairly sure he's using Pocket Plus.

When you hit the switch program button, press either left or right on the direction pad and it'll remain open until you pick your program.

friedshrimp
02-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Sorry, yes it's pocket plus. I put it on as soon as I got the PDA and assumed it was a base program of WM5. :oops:

Patrick Y.
02-10-2006, 05:38 AM
Wisbar Advance, in my opinion, works much better. You can close and minimize programs as on desktop computers.

pocketpcadmirer
02-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Wisbar Advance, yes, truly switch the way one does on PC

Magic Button is nice too(freeware)

Sunny

kuplet
02-12-2006, 02:35 AM
Hmmm, where can you download the magic button freeware?

Darius Wey
02-12-2006, 03:35 AM
Hmmm, where can you download the magic button freeware?

Here you go: http://www.trancreative.com/mb.aspx

Patrick Y.
02-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Just curious, is WIsbar Advance 1.XXX compatible with WM5. It's free and I like it much better than MagicButton.

Darius Wey
02-13-2006, 04:15 AM
Just curious, is WIsbar Advance 1.XXX compatible with WM5.

Nope. It's only compatible with versions of Windows Mobile up to 2003 Second Edition.

pocketpcadmirer
02-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Just curious, is WIsbar Advance 1.XXX compatible with WM5. It's free and I like it much better than MagicButton.

If I'm not wrong, you alreay have a copy of wisbar advance 2. The latest version 2.5 is compatible with WM5

Sunny

Patrick Y.
02-13-2006, 11:24 PM

If I'm not wrong, you alreay have a copy of wisbar advance 2. The latest version 2.5 is compatible with WM5

Sunny

Yeah... But the original poster wants a freebie.

friedshrimp
02-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Posted: 13 Feb 2006 / 1724 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pocketpcadmirer wrote:
Patrick Y. wrote:

Sunny

Yeah... But the original poster wants a freebie.

Actually, I'm the original poster and I wanted to know if SPB pocket plus program switcher (I thought it was WM5 but I was wrong, it's SPB PP) could have a longer default time before auto switching to what program it thinks I want (usually the wrong one). The above posts about WA 1 & 2 got a little off topic :soapbox: If anyone has figured this out, I would appriciate it.

Patrick Y.
02-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Actually, I'm the original poster and I wanted to know if SPB pocket plus program switcher (I thought it was WM5 but I was wrong, it's SPB PP) could have a longer default time before auto switching to what program it thinks I want (usually the wrong one). The above posts about WA 1 & 2 got a little off topic :soapbox: If anyone has figured this out, I would appriciate it.

Sorry, :oops: I only pay attention to the person who said he want MagicButton. Anyway, I don't use Pocket Plus at all so I can't help you.

thendless
02-14-2006, 06:53 AM
I found vBar - http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/vbar.shtml to be better than magic button... you should go ahead and try it and see if you like that or magic button better

pocketpcadmirer
02-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Actually, I'm the original poster and I wanted to know if SPB pocket plus program switcher (I thought it was WM5 but I was wrong, it's SPB PP) could have a longer default time before auto switching to what program it thinks I want

No, it cant be done. Not even by modifying the registry. It is basically a small 90 kb independent application, not depending on registry

Sunny :(

Menneisyys
02-17-2006, 10:39 AM
I also recommend Magic Button. It's working just great on my WM5 devices and comsumes way less memory than the alternatives.

I've shown some practical usage scenarios of it in my latest article of WM5 compliance of Internet Explorer Mobile Plug-Ins at http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=389450 - feel free to read it.