View Full Version : PTVL's Weblink and Zap2It having problems?

SofaTater
02-08-2006, 08:55 PM
For the past week or so, I have been unable to download TV listings from Weblink. When it tries to connect to the Zap2It site, Weblink returns an error saying that my username and/or password was not accepted.

I can log on directly to the site using my browser.

Is anyone else still using Weblink and have you been able to get your listings?

doughboy
02-08-2006, 09:24 PM
I just downloaded successfully last night. Are you sure you do not need to renew your subscription? It is free but must be done intentionally every 3-4 months by logging onto the website via a browser. If that is not the issue, try re-entering your username and password in Weblink by highlighting the current entries, hitting the Backspace key, and re-entering manually.

Best wishes.

SofaTater
02-08-2006, 10:17 PM
No, my account does not expire for about another month. And I have tried re-entering my password and even changing it.

Must be something with my setup. Perhaps I just need to remove and reinstall everything...

buzzard
02-09-2006, 12:24 AM
Perhaps I just need to remove and reinstall everything...
That's your best bet. I haven't had any problems with PTVL in months.

ironguy
02-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Me either... been working just fine.

Steven Cedrone
02-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Mine works fine as well...

Ripper014
02-11-2006, 01:50 AM
I was having issues... but it is working again.

SofaTater
02-13-2006, 01:52 AM
Well, I've removed and then reinstalled the software, but still get the same error. I've also set up another account and get the same error with that one.

I downloaded an eval copy of Pocket TV Browser and it has no problems logging on to Zap2It.

I'm stumped -- not sure why I keep getting this error...

piperpilot
02-13-2006, 08:14 PM
I've been having problems with it today. Will only load 3 days of listings.

applejosh
02-13-2006, 08:23 PM
According to the Zap2It forums, they are restricting downloads to 3 days to see how it impacts performance.

http://bb.labs.zap2it.com/viewtopic.php?t=794

piperpilot
02-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Well that just totally sucks!!!! I am leaving tomorrow for a week-long business trip and won't be able to download new listings until I return. So, after Wednesday, I won't know what's on TV.

applejosh
02-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah, it's an apparently temporary thing to try and figure out the best way to even out the load on their servers. Doesn't really help you now, but it is supposed to be temporary. How temporary, I don't really know (and judging from the random posts I read in that thread, they don't know either).

disconnected
02-14-2006, 01:45 AM
There's an announcement in the forum that says it's back to 13 days, at least for now.

I'd never even noticed the forum, but I've always wondered how they can provide the service for free.

buzzard
02-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Now that they've gone back to 13 days, I'm having a problem with the download. The download looks like it's going to start and states that it is "downloading day 1" and then it stops and just sits there. Now it's states that it found 81 channels and "0" programs and then it goes to day 2.
It was working fine yesterday.

applejosh
02-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I tried it this morning, and I was only getting 3 days still (following a reboot). So I'm not quite sure what the sam hill is going on.

Addendum: Tried again, and got the same thing as buzzard (no programs).

TerryOhr
02-22-2006, 12:47 AM
Weblink has been giving me the following message: "Username and password were not accepted by Zap2it Data Direct".

I don't receive any data.

I have researched the problem on the Zap2it Labs forum. It seems that some Weblink users just arn't getting to the zap2it server - the path is somehow interrupted.

I tried a route trace to zap2it.com and it failed after 7 or 8 hops.

Zap2it says there working to resolve the problem.