View Full Version : SD Card for rx3715

Vikingod
02-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Well, I'm new to PocketPC's, and to mobile computing in general. Just got an rx3715 for my b-day, and I need to know what a good SD storage card would be for the thing. I can't seem to find anywhere that says what the max speed the iPAQ can handle is. Basically, I don't want to shell out the dough for a 133x speed card if the max my PPC can handle is 80x. If you can tell me that, maybe a few suggestions as to what good brands and model SD cards would be great as well. I'm looking for a card no less than 1GB, and would like to spend around $60 - $100US or cheaper (a bit more is fine, just not $200).

Nurhisham Hussein
02-09-2006, 01:41 AM
The max speed of the SD interface on Windows Mobile devies is IIRC around 24x to 30x - so you won't get the full benefit of the higher read/write speed of a hi-speed card. Having said that, for large file transfers it's useful to have a hi-speed card used in conjunction with a USB 2.0 card reader, as the rx3715 only has a USB1.1 interface.

pocketpcadmirer
02-09-2006, 07:21 AM
In addition to what hishamh has said, I would like to say that it all depends on your needs. Do you need to watch movies on pocket pc frequently. If yes, get a 1 or 2 GB card card(probably high speed for card reader transfers). If you only plan to listen music(and movies sometimes), then, get a 2gb 'normal'(not high speed) card for your PPC.
Therefore,get a card reader too. They only cost <$10 these days anyway :)

Sunny

Vikingod
02-09-2006, 05:48 PM
thanks for the replies.

I'll look into a card reader. I won't really be watching movies, but music interests me. I play a few games when I get a chance. I mainly use the thing for work, spreadsheets/doc's, that sort of stuff. I'll look into a 2gb, average SD card. Thanks again.