View Full Version : Connection severed

blumonde
02-08-2006, 07:25 PM
I am having a problem w/ maintaining an Activesync connection b/w my laptop and my pda. After being connected for about 20 minutes, my laptop says the link is broken due to "unrecognized hardware" USB cable.

Does anyone have this same problem before and what was the remedy for this?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

blumonde

Janak Parekh
02-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Typically, this is caused by instability in the USB connection. If you're plugged into a hub, try plugging directly into the PC. Or, try alternate ports on your machine.

It is also possible that a hardware failure is developing. Do you have any reason to believe that a cable or pin is wearing out?

--janak

blumonde
02-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Typically, this is caused by instability in the USB connection. If you're plugged into a hub, try plugging directly into the PC. Or, try alternate ports on your machine.

It is also possible that a hardware failure is developing. Do you have any reason to believe that a cable or pin is wearing out?

--janak

Hi Janak,

I will try a different usb port. As for the cable, it is brand new out of the box but I will verify its condition. Nevertheless, if it was the cable then it shouldn't work at all I think. Many thanks for the advice.

blumonde