View Full Version : Help: Rex's D pad won't always work

Kacey Green
02-05-2006, 04:12 AM
Sometimes I have to apply slight pressure to the center of the D-Pad while pressing down to get it to respond to a press in the down direction.

All other funtions are fine any ideas?

ctmagnus
02-05-2006, 05:23 AM
Hm... You haven't been around here for a while. Welcome back!

Anyways, was Rex in a bag or pocket without a case? Any situation that would apply pressure to the down button for an extended period?

The other thing to consider is that he's probably approaching three years old and, as much as I hate to admit it, these things weren't meant to last forever. :(

Oh, and have you tried the dreaded hard-reset?

Pdaholic
02-05-2006, 06:35 AM
Just another suggestion, try spraying the crack around the d-pad with compressed air. Sometimes dust and grime get caught in the switches and make them not function properly. The other extreme would be to take it apart and the area under the D-pad with an eraser or cloth, but that would be only for the adventurous 0X

Kacey Green
02-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Hm... You haven't been around here for a while. Welcome back! Thanks :)

Thank you both for the suggestions.

I can't hard-reset because I can't find my destinator disks (I use it quite often). and I'll try the compressed air. It was in the OEM clam-shell cloth case, probably did/does get pressure. Should I take the d-pad out of the device, and give a squirt of air under there? I learned how to do that on accident.

ctmagnus
02-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Should I take the d-pad out of the device, and give a squirt of air under there? I learned how to do that on accident.

If you're not afraid of doing so, go for it.

One other thing: Do the 2210s have a self-test function, like other iPaq lines have? If so, I'd give that a whirl first.

Nurhisham Hussein
02-07-2006, 08:52 AM
How about replacing it:

link (http://www.services.foxconn.com/store/Product.asp?relatenum=0&Category.Id={44E8EFC1-4305-41E0-9E21-FEE7EFA7921F}&Product.Id={D7501648-15B1-4B02-AD3E-C21B2FA21001})