View Full Version : O2 Mini Restarts Randomly

enrique_x5
02-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Hi
I bought Mini 6 months back, it was working fine,
but from a monthor so, I've been having this problem of it restarting (rebooting - ie it goes back to the O2 splash screen)anytime, even if its idle..
sometimes it won't for few days, sometimes thrice in one a min, and it has no specific pattern! I've no other softwares intalled on it either!
i have removed everythin from it..yet it is having the problem!
It doesnt harm anything but its really irritating when you are working and it restarts or when you turn it on you see it had tunred off and is restarting....
i have even tryed hard reset but even that dint work..
PLease Help!
As i can't find any reason for it...

pocketpcadmirer
02-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Your problem is peculiar though

Are you using the latest ROM ? If not, upgrade it and let us know, if the rom upgrade fixes your problem.

http://www.seeo2.com

Sunny

enrique_x5
02-05-2006, 09:40 AM
hey man thxx 4 replying..i'm useing the latest ROM i.e 1.12.00wwe and the rom date is 05/28/05

pocketpcadmirer
02-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Ok,since you've the latest ROM image,its not the culprit.
Have you tried hard resetting it again ??

If nothing works,try updating it with one of the latest ROMs available for mini<htc magician> on xda-developers.com

Sunny

ctmagnus
02-06-2006, 07:07 AM
I've seen this on an iPaq 5550. It turned out that a TV (~10 years old, cheap brand) was creating interference of some sort and causing the Pocket PC to soft-reset as long as the TV was plugged in. Unplug the TV and after a while everything's fine; plug the TV back in and the Pocket PC would start soft-resetting on its own. Needless to say, the TV went. ;)

hey-zeus
02-09-2006, 03:20 AM
Enrique, this is probably not it but just throwing it out as a suggestion.

Try checking the back of the O2 is firmly in place. I accidentally dropped my O2 mini, nothing damaged but the back was slightly off. I would then get resets every so often. I am guessing you would notice whether the back is on correctly or not but I had a case so didn't see if the back was slightly off.

Again, just a suggestion, otherwise I have not had any experience with random resets. On other PDA's, I would get some resets but I think they were caused by some freeware or trial apps. I would also try hard reseting everything and then installing only a few apps and see if you get resets.

Hope this helps

enrique_x5
02-10-2006, 03:10 PM
well i have tryed every thing hard -restart and all but nothing worked...well even the back side looks fine 1st even i thought that the cover might be loose but it not.....
plzzz help mee....

pocketpcadmirer
02-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Try reflashing your device. If it still doesnt works for you,then, you'll probably have to go to the nearest service center :(

Sunny

UCCOFFEE
02-18-2006, 07:34 AM
any today screen plugin installed?
I used to have lots of reset, but recently it's getting better , because I try to free up as much memory as i can. I usually have more than 10M of program memory left, and reset doesnt happen as often

It also might be hardware fault... just send it back to O2... but it took me 2 months sending back / forward to fix until they gave me a new phone... which was faulty as well...